Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
Where no Sarge(s) has gone before. - 03-31-2010 , 08:55 AM

Hey look, a trick from me for the first time in like 3 years. -.-
It all started with this video from BadCyborgMovies. That allows you to get 18 marines on AOTCR, which is the same amount of, umm, harvestable marines on the level Halo. That's a lot of nades; my save yielded 33 all told. Not bad. As you can imagine, fun times impending.

So without further ado, I present to you....
{Two Sarges and a Hog to the End of AOTCR}

Couple things about this:
-The first Sarge went up in a minute of launching lol. The 2nd took significantly longer, and he died on impact a few times, but overall it was fairly pain-free.
-There's not much to do with them up there. As I said in the video, they lose most of their AI once they cross the loading zone leaving the twin bridge area, and they get out of the hog once you get out of it (and more importantly, won't get back in) so going back to get a checkpoint renders them useless for any special tricking purpose. "Being there" is a pretty solid accomplishment though.
-The sharp eye and brain will notice and remember that I landed a marine on each bridge, and the hog on the wrong bridge, meaning I had to get the one marine and hog across to the other bridge (the door for the connecting passage between the two bridges is locked, so I couldn't just drive them across) in order to take them to the end. I accomplished this by balancing the hog straddling the two glass wall thingies on the bridge, having the marines get in the hog, then knocking it over to the other side. Not fun, but it eventually worked.
-Pardon the editing, the new WMM does not include a 2x speed option like the old one, so that slowed things down a bit (no pun intended). Its a little longer of a video than I'd like. Also my camera-work sucked.
-There's more to come from this 18-marine save. Stay tuned, and thanks for watching. =]

<3

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
03-31-2010 , 09:17 AM

Godly.

I loved that. BGT is back with his awesome videos of doom.

Few questions:
How long did it take you to do the whole stunt?
How many times have you marine launched now?
At what point to the sarges lose their AI? (My guess is crossing loading zone for last area, right?)

Old   
ViviD Offline

03-31-2010 , 10:46 AM

Mmm I like. Glad you pulled this one off BGT. It's an awesome trick and you are definitely a launching machine. >=D

Old   
Jay Offline

Send a message via AIM to JaySend a message via Skype™ to Jay
03-31-2010 , 12:06 PM

Damn dude that was pretty froodlenutzkie'n sweet! Now get them back to the start and take both hogs with ya

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-31-2010 , 12:22 PM

FP stuff! That was fun to watch. I'd rather watch real-time instead of 2x anyway. Really fun to watch, popcorn worthy but it's too early for that.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
03-31-2010 , 12:30 PM

Damn those launches were crazy. A marine and a hog would have been pretty impressive, but you went one step further. Nice job.

Did you by any chance record the process of getting the hog across one bridge to the other? I don't really understand what you did there, but it sounded pretty pro.

PS: Now all we need is to do is get those marines up there without launching them. xD

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
03-31-2010 , 01:11 PM

@ Lone: How the hell do you plan on doing that? I'm pretty sure you can't shee lift a marine... but maybe... o.o'

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
03-31-2010 , 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=MaToR=- View Post
@ Lone: How the hell do you plan on doing that? I'm pretty sure you can't shee lift a marine... but maybe... o.o'
"Beam me up, Scotty!" xD

Old   
ViviD Offline

03-31-2010 , 01:33 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty s.....I know you can.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-31-2010 , 02:09 PM

Absolutely love it, for many reasons! The planning, the execution, and keeping the innovation alive in the old classic.

Great job man. FP laterz.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

03-31-2010 , 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr View Post
Damn those launches were crazy. A marine and a hog would have been pretty impressive, but you went one step further. Nice job.

Did you by any chance record the process of getting the hog across one bridge to the other? I don't really understand what you did there, but it sounded pretty pro.

PS: Now all we need is to do is get those marines up there without launching them. xD
I did not record the process, because it was long and uninteresting and I wasn't even sure if it'd work. I did get this though:

That's not exactly how it all went down (the hog was actually at a 90-degree angle across both panes of glass), but you get the idea. Marines can still get into the hog if they're under it.

@Mator
I don't know exactly how long it took, but roughly 2 entire evenings (5 pm till 10-ish).
I don't know that either, but you can count up the successful ones that made it into videos in my archive.
The marines lose their AI once they cross the loadzone on the twin bridge level. You can hit the loadzone yourself and keep them in sight of you and they will keep their AI, but as soon as they cross it they lose it. Its weird, but there's no way around it that I found, and I tried a few different methods that usually work everywhere else.

Thanks everyone. =]

<3

Old   
zmanjr7 Offline
Lover Boy

"If I had a super weapon..." - 03-31-2010 , 05:26 PM

"How bout two Johnsons and one Masterchief!"

Beautiful as always my friend. Lovely video. Flawless execution.

Liked the music too. :)

Old   
Ms. Man Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ms. Man
03-31-2010 , 06:56 PM

NEAT!!!! I'm so glad people are doing awesome stuff on H1 again!
awesome video BGT!

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

03-31-2010 , 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
I did not record the process, because it was long and uninteresting and I wasn't even sure if it'd work. I did get this though:

That's not exactly how it all went down (the hog was actually at a 90-degree angle across both panes of glass), but you get the idea. Marines can still get into the hog if they're under it.

@Mator
I don't know exactly how long it took, but roughly 2 entire evenings (5 pm till 10-ish).
I don't know that either, but you can count up the successful ones that made it into videos in my archive.
The marines lose their AI once they cross the loadzone on the twin bridge level. You can hit the loadzone yourself and keep them in sight of you and they will keep their AI, but as soon as they cross it they lose it. Its weird, but there's no way around it that I found, and I tried a few different methods that usually work everywhere else.

Thanks everyone. =]

<3
Okay...

You could do some ledging from the nades those sarges drop (launch into ceiling) if you want.

But yeah, its too bad you can't stop their AI from disappearing... I wonder if it is different on xbox. I'd love to see a marine on top of the end tower.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

03-31-2010 , 08:51 PM

Quote:
Okay...

You could do some ledging from the nades those sarges drop (launch into ceiling) if you want.
That's nothing you can't do with a dead red elite and a shade, or just a shade for that matter.

I'm pretty certain its not different on xbox.

Old   
Measels Offline

04-01-2010 , 05:24 PM

(finally managed to find some interent) Amazing stuff, glad to see you got it all done, you made it look so easy! Pity there was no way of preserving thier ai, and maybe you could have pfr'd the hog into the controll room just before the checkpoint?

All in all, brilliant, just a hog there would have been sweet, just a marine and a hog would have been super sweet, 2 johnsons and a hog, oh - and in sp!? Epic.

I hope there is lots more to come with this amrine save, I know there are several ideas brewing.

Old   
Arma Offline

04-01-2010 , 09:08 PM

ok gilgalad is no longer worse than me

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

04-01-2010 , 10:21 PM

Well you could try ledging the marines then... maybe? :O

@ Arma: Get on xfire or msn fatty.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

04-02-2010 , 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arma View Post
ok gilgalad is no longer worse than me
Lies.

You are such a lurker. =[

Thanks Meas, I think I did make it look easy. <.< It might have been, almost.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

04-02-2010 , 12:48 AM

I have nothing to say other than, this was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Really great job, Gilly. It's good to see you back at it, my friend.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.