Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
Top of Index Room Redone - 08-24-2010 , 02:59 PM


Well, I redid the video of getting to the top of the Index Room on QZ (not Index Pit BTT!).
Sorry if it looks a bit sloppier than usual, I just did not feel like doing all in one go, so I decided to climb up the floors instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3p-QO_3q6A

  #2  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
08-24-2010 , 05:15 PM


As always, extremely impressive launches HB. I should remind people that there are no checkpoints in that chamber. There are only, what, 3 or 4 players (if that) that have ever done this trick? I am not one of those few.

Good job on revisiting a tough trick.

  #3  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
08-24-2010 , 05:57 PM


Thanks pal. As far as I know this has only been done 2 times, once by KORHAL and once by SRL. SRL did not film it and KORHAL's vid was lost so I decided to remake it.

  #4  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
08-24-2010 , 06:39 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Thanks pal. As far as I know this has only been done 2 times, once by KORHAL and once by SRL. SRL did not film it and KORHAL's vid was lost so I decided to remake it.
Bud hit the ceiling/sky, he sent me the clip that I still have. I don't think he made a thread about it but I think he posted it in one of SRL's threads. Still and all, we needed your vid to document the trick. I'll submit it for FP.

  #5  
Old   
slYnki's Avatar
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB
 
Posts: 7,491
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Try and catch me
08-24-2010 , 06:44 PM


That is mad sexy. I had no idea that room was so big o_O


http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

  #6  
Old   
IncrediBill X's Avatar
IncrediBill X Offline
Has Fanboys
 
Posts: 701
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ShrewsBilly PA
Send a message via AIM to IncrediBill X
08-25-2010 , 12:50 AM


Awesome stuff.

  #7  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
08-25-2010 , 03:30 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by teh grumpster
Bud hit the ceiling/sky, he sent me the clip that I still have. I don't think he made a thread about it but I think he posted it in one of SRL's threads. Still and all, we needed your vid to document the trick. I'll submit it for FP.
Thanks for putting it on FP :)
Did he launch from the bottom of the pit? I'd love to see this, could you send it to me?


Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBill
Awesome stuff.
Thanks man.


Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki
That is mad sexy. I had no idea that room was so big o_O
Thanks =D
Well, you should remember this is QZ, where everything is huge.
I think it's also worth annotating that this actually is the place where the Library level takes place. You probably know this, no doubt, but other may not.

  #8  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
08-25-2010 , 04:23 PM


HB - I looked on my FF page and they deleted the full vid. I can't remember where he launched from (but I know it wasn't from the bottom of the pit), he sent it to me in 2008. All I have is a version I edited from the original showing him hitting the top in slo-mo. I can send that to you but all it shows is him hitting the top (no launch). Maybe ask Bud for the whole clip.

  #9  
Old   
xlax007's Avatar
xlax007 Offline
 
Posts: 946
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Netherlands
08-25-2010 , 05:18 PM


Nice vid,

I remember that area. Just 2 launches to the top is nice, I went layer for layer to get there. Now lets get there from the bottom xD. One of the last major tricks, I know you could do it.

  #10  
Old   
xX BUDD3RS Xx's Avatar
xX BUDD3RS Xx Offline
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2010
08-25-2010 , 05:19 PM


I launched from the middle to the top. I showed a video when we were discussing it but I never made a thread about it. I don't have the clip anymore either. At least HB has it documented now.

  #11  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
08-26-2010 , 04:17 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
HB - I looked on my FF page and they deleted the full vid. I can't remember where he launched from (but I know it wasn't from the bottom of the pit), he sent it to me in 2008. All I have is a version I edited from the original showing him hitting the top in slo-mo. I can send that to you but all it shows is him hitting the top (no launch). Maybe ask Bud for the whole clip.
Alright. I hate filefront for deleting all the vids. Thanks for the research anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Nice vid,

I remember that area. Just 2 launches to the top is nice, I went layer for layer to get there. Now lets get there from the bottom xD. One of the last major tricks, I know you could do it.
Well, I wanted to do it in one launch actually, but after quite some time of launching I could not get a decent launch with 16 nades, the nades fell too scattered by spawn so the explosion was messy most of the time (you probably know what I'm talking about). The only decent one I got that way was the one to the ceiling. Then I decided to climb up with multiple launches and got both second try :D Nevermind....
I hope you mean from the VERY bottom by the way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud
I launched from the middle to the top. I showed a video when we were discussing it but I never made a thread about it. I don't have the clip anymore either. At least HB has it documented now.
And that's what it is actually, a documentation vid. I don't want to take great credit for it, especially because it's just a remake.

  #12  
Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline
 
Posts: 147
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
08-26-2010 , 05:43 PM


Awesome video!

  #13  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
08-27-2010 , 09:11 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
Awesome video!
Thanks dude :)

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts