Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite High Speed Halo High Speed Halo - Halo Speedrun Community
High Speed Halo - Halo Speedrun Community The ultimate site for Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 speed runs.
Notices

Old   
Ignatius Offline

Reach Legendary Solo - 09-23-2010 , 07:26 AM

Just a question i suppose, but who here's done it? Probably putting this in the wrong forum but y'know :P Also, i have no idea why i was away from here for so long. Probably cos of red rings. :D

Old   
scurty Offline

09-23-2010 , 07:41 AM

Well, it's not in the wrong forum if we talk something about speed running. :P

I haven't played the game yet, but I might. I wasn't around for GNF (Halo 1), wasn't around here when Halo 2 came out, and all the other Halos weren't interesting to me so I didn't get to plan out brand new paths for any game yet. I'd like to with Reach.. if I could understand those dumb deployable weapon barrier-shield things and the new grenades (new as in new from Halo 2 and Halo 1.

From what I hear, elites and hunters are a pain in the ass, even on Easy difficulty, so they must be brutal on Legendary. Also, the levels are quite long compared to previous games which makes for long speed runs. Sounds awesome! I don't know, I might try some out, maybe.

Old   
Ignatius Offline

09-23-2010 , 07:50 AM

Haha ^_^

Well, i believe that Hunters on Legendary are like Pahis against the entire enemy team. You're gonna die kid! But then again, i fail at dodging hunters fists so yeah :P

Anyone wanna beat my time of 3 hours on the last level on legendary solo? ^_^

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

09-23-2010 , 08:33 AM

I beat it and I was impressed with the difficulty. It was hard but not annoyingly hard.
Also I see some great paths for speedrunning. I will get started on a few legendary ones eventually.
Scurty you should definitley get it.

Old   
DarkDevastation Offline

09-23-2010 , 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
Haha ^_^

Anyone wanna beat my time of 3 hours on the last level on legendary solo? ^_^
An hour and a half
There's a lot of skips and tricks that are possible to do on Legendary, I want to get Mythic done before I start running anything.

Old   
Ignatius Offline

09-23-2010 , 09:48 AM

I've attempted Mythic before, only levels i could get down pat were Uplift Reserve and Floodgate D: Was damn close to managing Halo though, but now i've lost my H3 Campaign disc D:

Old   
RC Master Offline

09-23-2010 , 07:47 PM

Legendary Solo was my very first experience with Reach. It was pretty intense!

Elites are dodgy as hell, fast, so are skirmishers! Keep those little basardskies as far away as you can and just put them down with a headshot ASAP.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

09-24-2010 , 12:05 AM

I'll be running through legendary in a little while here. The games have went down hill in difficulty since Halo 2, so I'm not expecting much of a challenge. Perhaps Reach will surprise me.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
0fullmetal0 Offline

09-25-2010 , 01:36 AM

Elites have that irritating little kick (and can magically take away shields AND health) on Heroic, so Legendary is going to be real fun to run...

Old   
Rorcin Offline

Send a message via AIM to RorcinSend a message via MSN to Rorcin
09-26-2010 , 02:04 AM

Reach legendary solo was fun :)

Old   
N8ked Eli Offline

09-26-2010 , 02:23 AM

Went through solo Legendary then coop Legendary now doing Mythic :) I love it. I wish we got more credits for turning skulls on though.

Old   
RC Master Offline

09-26-2010 , 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8ked Eli View Post
Went through solo Legendary then coop Legendary now doing Mythic :) I love it. I wish we got more credits for turning skulls on though.
Tell me about it...

You can sit there, doing nothing, in a 'competitive' MP game, for 10 minutes, and you can easily earn 400+cR.

Spend an hour completing a level on Mythic: 70cR (at Captain level)

Anyone else see the discrepancy, or is it just me?

Old   
NOKYARD Offline
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to NOKYARDSend a message via MSN to NOKYARDSend a message via Yahoo to NOKYARDSend a message via Skype™ to NOKYARD
09-27-2010 , 04:30 PM

At least the final Mission is easy.

Run out into the open screaming and waving your arms.

I realize you could just go out of bounds, but running out into the open screaming and waving your arms would be more fun to watch.

Old   
ExtremeYoshiFan Offline

09-27-2010 , 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
Well, it's not in the wrong forum if we talk something about speed running. :P

I haven't played the game yet, but I might. I wasn't around for GNF (Halo 1), wasn't around here when Halo 2 came out, and all the other Halos weren't interesting to me so I didn't get to plan out brand new paths for any game yet. I'd like to with Reach.. if I could understand those dumb deployable weapon barrier-shield things and the new grenades (new as in new from Halo 2 and Halo 1.

From what I hear, elites and hunters are a pain in the ass, even on Easy difficulty, so they must be brutal on Legendary. Also, the levels are quite long compared to previous games which makes for long speed runs. Sounds awesome! I don't know, I might try some out, maybe.
Oh, don't worry, they are.

But it is a great game. Very fun, and I am working on solo legendary, just beat level 4(fourth real level anyway, 1st is a cutscene) on my first run through overall(I don't get to play much). But I spent a lot of time lookign for speedrun paths, so I am happy.