Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
scurty Offline

Exploring the Maw in SP - 10-01-2010 , 02:15 PM

Hey guys! I was bored, so I decided to make another video. This time all of the tricks are on the Maw, in the first section of the level. I do a play-by-play, hoping leaving nothing out. So it's kind of a tutorial as well.

Not much else to say I guess. I'm sure some of this stuff has been done in SP before, but I'm also pretty sure some hasn't been done. Other people will have to verify for me, I have no idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInvMrxzyB8

Enjoy!

Old   
ViviD Offline

10-01-2010 , 04:31 PM

Another great video scurty! I liked the last trick a lot. Would you be interested in working on a small video with me and Measels? I'm real close to opening up the Library ceiling for SP walking. Again, great video, you're music always fits nicely.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

10-01-2010 , 05:15 PM

1. Incredible.

2. Do you think there's anywhere you could get outside (and live) near the bridge?

Getting down below that has been sort of a holy grail of The Maw forever. Just wondering.

Great stuff man.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

10-01-2010 , 05:33 PM

This is insane, I don't think one can truly appreciate it unless they have tried this themselves. I remember how much of a pain it was in 2 players to get to the halo right on pillar of autumn, single player is just insane. Very nice work, i have always wondered about getting ontop of the bridge, shame its too steep

Old   
Measels Offline

10-01-2010 , 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
1. Incredible.

2. Do you think there's anywhere you could get outside (and live) near the bridge?

Getting down below that has been sort of a holy grail of The Maw forever. Just wondering.

Great stuff man.
I've gotten outside the bridge - kinda not the bottom, but certainly on the exterior of the ship - got close to getting on top of the cliff there a while back too.

Great vid scurty - especially like the last trick.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
10-01-2010 , 08:57 PM

froodlenutzkieing amazing!

Old   
grumpy Offline

10-01-2010 , 10:50 PM

You know, I had a tough day at work today...got home tired and after resting a bit, I watched your vid and on a hunch I put my headphones on full tilt. So that was one of the best flicks I've ever enjoyed. The music was perfect and I'm listening again as I type, it just relaxed me out of my funk. The best part was watching you futch around all you wanted, seemingly at will. That is one great flick scurty so thanks for that. You have the patience to choreograph and edit like I can only wish I had.

Old   
scurty Offline

10-01-2010 , 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviD View Post
Another great video scurty! I liked the last trick a lot. Would you be interested in working on a small video with me and Measels? I'm real close to opening up the Library ceiling for SP walking. Again, great video, you're music always fits nicely.
Thanks! I feel like BGT did the last trick in SP, but don't quote me on that. Yeah, sure, I'd be up for anything! Hit me up with a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
1. Incredible.

Great stuff man.
Thanks, Ducain! Shortly after I showed the video to slYnki, he told me that Measles did some walking down there before. I just assumed nothing was down there, I have ot check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarPwnCenter View Post
This is insane, I don't think one can truly appreciate it unless they have tried this themselves. I remember how much of a pain it was in 2 players to get to the halo right on pillar of autumn, single player is just insane. Very nice work, i have always wondered about getting ontop of the bridge, shame its too steep
For some reason, that trick (getting on the outside of the bridge and on top) was pretty tough to do for me. All the objects in the ceiling in the bridge are weird, you probably know what I mean. It felt good once it was done though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
I've gotten outside the bridge - kinda not the bottom, but certainly on the exterior of the ship - got close to getting on top of the cliff there a while back too.

Great vid scurty - especially like the last trick.
Did you do it in SP? I wouldn't be surprised if you did. :P Everybody keeps mentioning the last trick.. I thought it was old, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODST View Post
froodlenutzkieing amazing!
ty :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
You know, I had a tough day at work today...got home tired and after resting a bit, I watched your vid and on a hunch I put my headphones on full tilt. So that was one of the best flicks I've ever enjoyed. The music was perfect and I'm listening again as I type, it just relaxed me out of my funk. The best part was watching you futch around all you wanted, seemingly at will. That is one great flick scurty so thanks for that. You have the patience to choreograph and edit like I can only wish I had.
Funny story. I was actually going to put real creepy music in, like the Giygas battle music from Earthbound (SNES), Stone Temple Tower (Majora's Mask), and some others. I decided against it though, for whatever reason.

Glad it calmed you down. When I made it I was preparing for a pretty rough day at work as well (little sleep, sick, closing shift, etc). It might look like it's easy for me, but I practice it a lot for the camera so it looks nice. My first time doing things isn't so pretty. :P

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

10-01-2010 , 11:46 PM

me and my friend were just trying to get to the bottom of the maw bridge. We cheated and did the 2 player bump using the cortana spawn pad thing by the glass to get under. No dice though, its seriously like impossible

Old   
grumpy Offline

10-01-2010 , 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
It might look like it's easy for me, but I practice it a lot for the camera so it looks nice. My first time doing things isn't so pretty. :P
Yeah, that's what I meant by the choreography remark. I used to spend hours going over the sequence of what I was trying to show, but not anymore. It's nice to see you H1 guys still have the dedication to do what it takes to make really good flicks (slYnky also comes to mind).

Last edited by grumpy; 10-02-2010 at 12:58 AM. .

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
10-02-2010 , 12:31 AM

I've only done maybe one or two of those, never filmed them though, so whatever. Sick stuff, I never understood how you could keep your bearings after a loading zone. =| The owning of the elite was funny. Pretentious basardskie. <.< he's always standing there looking cool and stuff.

Old   
Ghost Faction Offline
The Ghost with the Most

10-02-2010 , 03:08 AM

Was Megg still in that room off to the side of the control room?

Old   
scurty Offline

10-02-2010 , 05:13 AM

Nah, the Megg room isn't loaded, or else I would have jumped into it. ;)

It's a shame, would have been really cool if it was there.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

10-02-2010 , 01:14 PM

Great video, I liked it a lot

Old   
AceDauntless Offline
Symbolic

10-03-2010 , 12:13 AM

Oh man the fact these h1 trick vids are still coming makes me sooo happy.

Damn good stuff ^_^

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

10-03-2010 , 04:17 AM

You know my thoughts on this ^_^

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
DanInPhilly Offline

10-06-2010 , 08:38 PM

Wow. Nice work. And great editing. Thanksthanksthanks.

Old   
wallace Offline

Send a message via AIM to wallace
12-19-2010 , 01:01 PM

Nicely done. I remember doing that a long time ago and figured out the loading thing when exploring the pillar of autumn. The key is to be crouched when you are in the loading zone. Took me a while to figure that out too ;)

Old   
Rockslider Offline

12-19-2010 , 03:26 PM

I definitely don't remember the level playing like that before. The crouching trick at 0:49 was interesting and encouragingly simple, though I did find it distracting that you were being so busy with weapons at the time. The melee as you crouched wasn't relevant to the ascent I assume. Weird how a crouch can get you up. Is that something unique, or a technique that can do the job in many places?

At about 5:47 you wanted a checkpoint but couldn't get one. Wasn't there scope for delaying one from earlier?

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
12-27-2010 , 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockslider View Post
I definitely don't remember the level playing like that before. The crouching trick at 0:49 was interesting and encouragingly simple, though I did find it distracting that you were being so busy with weapons at the time. The melee as you crouched wasn't relevant to the ascent I assume. Weird how a crouch can get you up. Is that something unique, or a technique that can do the job in many places?

At about 5:47 you wanted a checkpoint but couldn't get one. Wasn't there scope for delaying one from earlier?
The crouching trick is a bump. It's a method used to get above the level. It really should be called a door trick. 'ysee, he crouched in the corner by the door so when the enemies banged it open it'd squish him into the corner and then warp him into the ceiling. The melee was not relevant to the ascent. The crouch doesn't get him up exactly - it's the door. It opens really suddenly and squishes him into the corner - like I said before. If you pause a bit there you can see that before he's up the door is closed, and after he's up the door is open.

The technique works on any door that is partially open already and is later forced open (I remember two doors like this in the game, but there are probably more).

He could try to delay a checkpoint from earlier but that would be extremely hard - seeing as to the fact that he would have to cross the armory and some other places blind and he would have to be jumping/moving nonstop. Furthermore, I don't think those checkpoints are very delayable - he likely would leave the area where he could get a checkpoint before he could get it in a good spot.