Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
scurty Offline

Exploring the Pillar of Autumn in SP... Again! - 10-05-2010 , 06:01 AM

Hey guys! Well, my last PoA video only did stuff in the first half of the level. So I decided to some more exploring in the second half. Should be a fun watch, hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8shw-OKMNF0

Also, I think one, maybe two, things are old in single player. Everything else should be new? I'm not sure. I just tried to include everything I could to make a cool video.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
10-05-2010 , 09:00 AM

Oh sweet so there was a checkpoint in the ceiling after the service tunnels. Yay! That was good, and pretty amazing, especially the last couple tricks. =o

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
10-05-2010 , 11:29 AM

Pretty awesome! Couldn't you get through the last door? Was there a wall?

Old   
scurty Offline

10-05-2010 , 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
Oh sweet so there was a checkpoint in the ceiling after the service tunnels. Yay! That was good, and pretty amazing, especially the last couple tricks. =o
I swear, I get so lucky with these loading zones. They load the correct graphics usually. If nothing loaded at all I'd be completely lost, but luckily the second cryo room graphics loaded which let me get that checkpoint..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Pretty awesome! Couldn't you get through the last door? Was there a wall?
Thanks! You mean the last door by that crewman I stuck to death? There's just a black wall there, nothing you can do anything with besides stick it with a plasma grenade and have it disappear.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

10-05-2010 , 02:16 PM

Loved it. The rafter walking towards the end blew my mind.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
ViviD Offline

10-05-2010 , 08:25 PM

Very cool scurty. I've played around with the shield and that area before, but I've never even thought about walking that far from there. Great job man.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

10-06-2010 , 10:16 AM

Loved it dude. Wow.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
grumpy Offline

10-06-2010 , 07:13 PM

Dang that was fun to watch, as usual. I can't add much except I loved the Christmas tree guy and you sure do get a lot of CP's, good Karma I guess.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
10-07-2010 , 04:01 PM

Awesome vid Scurty.

I recreated everything you did just yesterday, some of those routes were tough for me - maybe I'm just bad. But I did do everything in a few hours, so I feel special :D

I really want to go even farther in the level, and I haven't had the chance to do that yet, but still... I think it would be epic if you could just keep going...

Anywho, awesome job again. :D

[I'll mirror this on youtube later on today]

-Mator

Old   
scurty Offline

10-07-2010 , 08:58 PM

Thanks guys, you know I love the feedback! :P

Wow, man, I had no idea someone was trying to do everything I was doing in a video, awesome! I'm glad you were able to do everything I did, that's pretty cool. Did you take the same paths and get the same checkpoints? A few routes were tough for me to figure out but after that it just took a few attempts to get it good on tape. Probably the hardest one was getting that very last checkpoint I do in the video, right before the last cryo bay.. I actually got there once before but didn't get a checkpoint >_>. You need to crouch in one of those sinking areas, similar to the very first checkpoint in the ceiling you get.

Actually, speaking of that first cp, that was a ***** to find too, until slYnki suggested that I find a spot to crouch in. I got a cp in the past just standing on the lights so one time I literally left my Xbox on for like 8 hours waiting for a cp and never got one. XD

Did you try any of the stuff I did in any of my other recent videos?

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
10-08-2010 , 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
Thanks guys, you know I love the feedback! :P

Wow, man, I had no idea someone was trying to do everything I was doing in a video, awesome! I'm glad you were able to do everything I did, that's pretty cool. Did you take the same paths and get the same checkpoints? A few routes were tough for me to figure out but after that it just took a few attempts to get it good on tape. Probably the hardest one was getting that very last checkpoint I do in the video, right before the last cryo bay.. I actually got there once before but didn't get a checkpoint >_>. You need to crouch in one of those sinking areas, similar to the very first checkpoint in the ceiling you get.

Actually, speaking of that first cp, that was a ***** to find too, until slYnki suggested that I find a spot to crouch in. I got a cp in the past just standing on the lights so one time I literally left my Xbox on for like 8 hours waiting for a cp and never got one. XD

Did you try any of the stuff I did in any of my other recent videos?
Yeah I do that. I value recreating stunts, it's important to me :]

I didn't take the exact same paths I don't think, but fairly similar. I think my biggest deviation was the last path. Here are two edited screenshots that show my path across that hallway:

[Click to Enlarge]

I got the same checkpoints and it always loaded the same textures. The checkpoints were very easy for me to get, save for the one you get when you first get on the access ways. Somehow, I was getting checkpoints way before that and they canceled that one out or something... It was weird. But I was able to get the first checkpoint just by crouching and moving around on the light. I didn't even have to jump down as low as you did.

And the last checkpoint just happened... I just hop around a little and crouch randomly and tap around and a checkpoint happens. :P

I haven't tried much else yet, but I have been doing a lot of ledge exploring of POA. I'll probably see if I can find something myself there. Once I feel that I've pushed the level to the max and I have enough documentation I'll move on to something else.

-Mator

Old   
DanInPhilly Offline

10-12-2010 , 11:19 PM

Very nice. And good editing -- thanks for speeding up through the boring maintenance tunnels. And a big thanks for killing those elites in the initial cryo room; I've always resented that I could see them but not get to them.

Old   
scurty Offline

10-12-2010 , 11:42 PM

I was actually expecting those elites to be much less deadly than they were. Early on in the level you have elites shooting at you when you don't have a weapon, but they are scripted so as not to kill you.. they do minimal damage. That's what I was expecting the elites in that other cryo room to be like as well.

I killed them mainly for their grenades, but I guess I still would have killed them anyway!