Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
Recycle Bin (fixed) - 10-08-2010 , 12:21 AM

Recycle Bin

Basically what the descriptions says, a bunch of stuff that isn't quite top notch, but interesting nevertheless. I hope y'all enjoy it.

If it seems a little incomplete at points, well, it is. Some clips got deleted accidentally, some were random and I didn't catch the process part of the trick, some were just tedious (the first clip of Herbie under glass was almost clever if I do say so myself, if you can figure it out from what you see in the video, then kudos). This stuff was kind of gathered and lumped together over a long period of time and I just wanted to throw it into a video and get rid of it, hence the name. If you'd like some further explanation for any of them I might be able to tell you a bit about it.
I wish I had a video for the hog that I got stuck in the wall in SC, that ended up being rather useful, and I used it to fall through the floor to the roof below, where I got a checkpoint, and you can see some of the subsequent exploration from that.

Also, there's a typo in the video, which is bugging me now. I won't go back and change it, because WMM2 is a pain on W7. I was sorely tempted though. There may be some audio glitchiness in the video too, we shall see.

Anyway, enjoy.

Last edited by BigGruntyThirst; 10-09-2010 at 11:33 AM. .

Old   
scurty Offline

10-08-2010 , 02:40 AM

Dude, I loved it. There was definitely a problem with the audio, haha. The Paul van dyk track was crackly the entire time and the Eric Bieschke track didn't play at all, but whatever. WMM2 is dumb (I have W7 as well), I wish it exported as different file formats, .wmv sucks ass.

Anyway, about the video. I never really understood how to get enemies into those types of places so that was cool to see done (like a tutorial almost). One question, getting the ghost half stuck in the ground is a loadzone trick, right? Throw a grenade, activate loadzone, come back; something like that? And then did you drive the ghost places or move it with the banshee?

Getting to the first pulse generator was awesome. :D I assume that's the only way to get it to work in SP because you can't drag a shade around everywhere and launch it up.

Whoa @ the shield jump on TB (or was it AotCR?). Did you ever play around with it more? Not sure what to do, but being outside before the doors open would be cool (on second thought, you can do that normally so it wouldn't be that cool XD). Too bad Xbox shield bumps don't bump you as high. >_> Though I DO have Halo PC.

I love SP vehicle launches. Any chance you have some grenade pile saves that you could lend to me so I can try them out on Halo PC? It's such a chore to even play Halo PC, nevermind trick on it; I don't know how you do some stuff on it.

...especially the SC stuff! That stuff was awesome. Can't really say anymore besides you seemed to have gotten used to the load zone graphics loading and stuff like that.

Hmm.. can't remember anything else.. I hope I didn't forget any tricks! I would have **** myself if that marine at the very end landed on the tree after being stuck, being launched up by grenades and flying over. That was great!

I was surprised by the shout out, wasn't expecting it!

Great vid! Are you done with Halo or still doing some stuff here and there?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

10-08-2010 , 09:14 AM

Well that's lame. I'll try to fix it tomorrow. Sorry guys, I thought it was working. =/ I'll get back with you on the questions, I'm on my phone right now.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
10-08-2010 , 11:32 AM

omg I loved it.

The SC was ledging was epic, and that hog in the wall, that was liek O.o'

Getting enemies in places was awesome too, I have to try that... Makes me want to like make a collection of 100 grunts in one of those little holes. :P

The launches were sweet, I can't tell you how much I LOVE those long distance precision hog launches, wow. You've done that sort of launch to the cliff tower three times now, you beast.

The derendered graphics from the first pulse generator was wicked, and that funky warpledge was FUNKEH! Seriously nice job. :]

Nice sarge launches too! And crazy launch, I thought he might land on the tree after he launched after he died, but he didn't, owell. Would have **** my pants like scurty if he had :o

I love this vid. I think it is a cool variety video, not just a bunch of clips. ;]

-Mator

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

10-08-2010 , 03:07 PM

I liked it. The shield bump at the beginning made me go o_o

Also, getting the hog to land on the smaller part of the blue beam tower, that took me back. Great stuff on display here, Gilly Fish. Gotta love activity in the Halo 1 board.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
ViviD Offline

10-08-2010 , 09:15 PM

Wow, sorry I can't post much right now I'm in a hurry, but I loved the video! K so the loading TB thing was crazy I don't even...Very cool stuff on SC. Getting behind the glass on TB was cool too, I've been searching for something to do with that shield bump for a while now. The ending made me lol, I remember you telling me you were getting good at sticking flying Sarges.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

10-09-2010 , 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
Dude, I loved it. There was definitely a problem with the audio, haha. The Paul van dyk track was crackly the entire time and the Eric Bieschke track didn't play at all, but whatever. WMM2 is dumb (I have W7 as well), I wish it exported as different file formats, .wmv sucks ass.
It's fixed now. That's what I get for doing stuff at 1 AM.

Anyway, about the video. I never really understood how to get enemies into those types of places so that was cool to see done (like a tutorial almost). One question, getting the ghost half stuck in the ground is a loadzone trick, right? Throw a grenade, activate loadzone, come back; something like that? And then did you drive the ghost places or move it with the banshee?
Yeah, it's a loadzone trick, basically done how you described it. I made a video of the process years ago, it's probably not still online though. I moved the ghost with the 'shee.
Getting to the first pulse generator was awesome. :D I assume that's the only way to get it to work in SP because you can't drag a shade around everywhere and launch it up.
Well you could launch one up there, but yeah, the banshee is easier.

Whoa @ the shield jump on TB (or was it AotCR?). Did you ever play around with it more? Not sure what to do, but being outside before the doors open would be cool (on second thought, you can do that normally so it wouldn't be that cool XD). Too bad Xbox shield bumps don't bump you as high. >_> Though I DO have Halo PC.
There really isn't anywhere to go, besides the glass. =[

I love SP vehicle launches. Any chance you have some grenade pile saves that you could lend to me so I can try them out on Halo PC? It's such a chore to even play Halo PC, nevermind trick on it; I don't know how you do some stuff on it.
I might, I've got a bunch of archived saves, not sure if they still work though. I looked recently and couldn't find it.

...especially the SC stuff! That stuff was awesome. Can't really say anymore besides you seemed to have gotten used to the load zone graphics loading and stuff like that.

Hmm.. can't remember anything else.. I hope I didn't forget any tricks! I would have **** myself if that marine at the very end landed on the tree after being stuck, being launched up by grenades and flying over. That was great!

I was surprised by the shout out, wasn't expecting it!

Great vid! Are you done with Halo or still doing some stuff here and there?There's a couple random things I'd like to do, but I'm not really creative right now. Bleh. Frankly there's not a whole lot left to do, without coop. I get a random idea once and awhile and screw around with it and see where it takes me. That's pretty much where this video came from: a collection of failed tricks, sidetrackage, things that didn't work out as expected.... Still fun, just not as rewarding I guess.
Replies in bold.
I fixed the video now. Silly WMM2.

And thanks guys!

Old   
grumpy Offline

10-10-2010 , 04:08 AM

Wow, you made it sound like a bunch of meh stuff but I thought it was awesome. I enjoyed every second and when you landed the Hog twice I was stunned. Just stuff taking up space on you HDD eh? I think not, it was great footage; poor little Grunts getting abused, cool tank launch, Hogs everywhere you could think to put them and rafter walking like scurty to boot. Man, that was good. Someone should write this up so more people can enjoy it.

Old   
Ms. Man Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ms. Man
10-10-2010 , 02:41 PM

whatever is was... that loading glitch at 3:40 was pretty freaking cool. i've never seen that before.

Old   
Measels Offline

10-10-2010 , 03:32 PM

Great stuff - glad you cobbled it together into this nice vid!

Bit confused by the hogs in the walls on SC. Explain please!

And those grates on SC - I know I've managed to bump straight into them, but your way was much more entertaining - I'd love to get a marine behind one of those grates!

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

10-10-2010 , 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
Bit confused by the hogs in the walls on SC. Explain please!
Remember when he tossed the plasma grenade at the warthog then ran down to trigger the loadzone? Where he positioned the hog, that's pretty much where the level "cuts off" I guess, when you walk through the loadzone. The grenade pushes the hog into the abyss and it'll fall through ceilings and walls and floors before stopping.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
10-10-2010 , 04:53 PM

I totally forgot to comment.
I just can say what's been said before, epic stuff man!

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

10-10-2010 , 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Man View Post
whatever is was... that loading glitch at 3:40 was pretty freaking cool. i've never seen that before.
You know how messed up the level is when you go back to the beginning of AOTCR on Two Betrayals.... well yeah, that's just how it looks on halo PC. Xbox just has sideways doors and stuff, Halo PC doesn't load the textures at all.

@Measels

slynk pretty much answered your question, it's easy to play around with. Place the hog correctly over the boundary of the loading zone map, throw a nade, hit the loadzone as the nade explodes, and there you go. It's cool on SC (and in Keyes, though it's harder and there's less to do with it) because there is a level below the loading zone thing and the hog can fall down there.

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

10-11-2010 , 10:18 PM

I liked it. Some fun stuff in there

Old   
theneighborrkid Offline

Send a message via AIM to theneighborrkid
10-12-2010 , 02:01 AM

Halo1 videos can entertain me forever, great stuff.

Old   
Accidentus Offline

10-23-2010 , 03:45 PM

Those super long hog launches to the BBT will always be super froodlenutzkieing impressive to me.

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
10-23-2010 , 08:06 PM

That was awesome, really was. Puts things into perspective when I realise my recycle bin would be filled with about 6 failed launches, a short clip of me shooting a smiley into a wall, and a hog face off between me and a co-op partner.

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx