Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach Tricking Forum
Halo: Reach Tricking Forum Halo: Reach tricks, exploration, easter eggs
Notices

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

10-31-2010 , 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decommissioner View Post
credit where credit is due: kornman00 (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/...l?read=1029025)
Oh great, another easter egg hacked to first. Halseys lab wasn't enough?

Old   
Fortune Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fortune
10-31-2010 , 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repivemag View Post
I tried using the RB but when I hold it to go up I jump out and fall to my death. Do you mean like tapping the bumper?

No, he means hold... Should stop you completely and start going vertical.

Old   

10-31-2010 , 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repivemag View Post
I tried using the RB but when I hold it to go up I jump out and fall to my death. Do you mean like tapping the bumper?
are you using default control scheme? It's your melee button.

Old   
Chas Offline
J + E = <3

Send a message via AIM to Chas
10-31-2010 , 02:13 AM

So it seems that the switch turns off all barriers just like the ones on The Package. Let me just say, it is a neat experience flying a phantom to the highest possible point.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

Send a message via AIM to glitchfinder1
10-31-2010 , 02:17 AM

well if someone makes a vid getting a pelican and or phantom out to any interesting places on New Alexandria I can include this egg in the out of map section of my thread as well.

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
10-31-2010 , 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice Of Truth View Post
are you using default control scheme? It's your melee button.
That explains a lot I use Recon control scheme. So its B for me.

EDIT: Actually its my jump button. Go figure.

Old   
L337PWN4GE Offline

10-31-2010 , 02:48 AM

Just so everyone knows, the phantom goes through everything but other vehicles, and by getting on the turret you can clip into pretty much any room. We got into almost every one we could find already =)

Old   
Dojorkan Offline

10-31-2010 , 02:58 AM

With a Recon control scheme:

A = Ascend
LB = Descend

L = Phantom Boost (Infinite)

You can get on the Pelican chin gun, but you won't be able to see much, its better to get your AI controlled allies to gun it for you. Apparently only the four back most passenger seats in the falcon are usable for Spartans.

Phantoms don't have a passenger or usable chin gun, but you can get on the plasma turrets. (like you could in halo 3)

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

10-31-2010 , 03:15 AM

Quote:
Was this a result of hacking? I'd really like to know whether or not somebody just found this normally.

This is great either way. What sucks though is that I was getting rather close to finding it myself as I was just exploring every nook of every building and hadn't yet gotten to that one.
Could'a been me…

Ah well, at least we finally get what we've been wanting. Now, where's that Scarab Gun?

-------------------Kinda interesting find ---------------------------

I noticed that if you fly up into the Covenant cruisers over the city you can find a cube in the center of them that has the entire texture map for the ship's model on all six sides. I like that kind of stuff - see how it was UV mapped.

This is awesome being able to fly all over the place. I'm beginning to think that all, or most, levels have a super hidden switch that gives you a vehicle and kills all barriers. I mean, you've found two levels that do this now with seemingly nothing in the "infinite" space outside of them. I think Bungie just wanted to give us the ability to explore un-obstructed.

Thanks Bungie.

Last edited by Spartan-043; 10-31-2010 at 04:40 AM. .

Old   
grumpy Offline

10-31-2010 , 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojorkan View Post
With a Recon control scheme:

A = Ascend
LB = Descend

L = Phantom Boost (Infinite)

You can get on the Pelican chin gun, but you won't be able to see much, its better to get your AI controlled allies to gun it for you. Apparently only the four back most passenger seats in the falcon are usable for Spartans.

Phantoms don't have a passenger or usable chin gun, but you can get on the plasma turrets. (like you could in halo 3)
Dojorkan! It's good to see you in print again.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

10-31-2010 , 08:51 AM

I was holding it it ascend straight up, without using other buttons. Are your controllers the default?
Sorry, late on the post. Apparently I missed the whole second page when I refreshed the page this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L337PWN4GE View Post
Just so everyone knows, the phantom goes through everything but other vehicles, and by getting on the turret you can clip into pretty much any room. We got into almost every one we could find already =)
Be careful not to go too far into some buildings. Sometimes my Phantom would deload and I would just die. It might be from having the entire ship inside a building, but I haven't taken the time to investigate fully.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

10-31-2010 , 11:25 AM

If you complete the hospital last and fly through the main door, its still loaded and you can fly everywhere. We just clipped into every glass room in the building and all the doors. You need to go extremely far in while on the turret though or else youll appear outside.

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
10-31-2010 , 01:34 PM

Quote:

Lol. Don't you remember IWHBYD?

Quote:
Re: Halo: Reach Discussion

With Louis saying I'm ruining it by poking through the code and Urk calling my sauce weak (I wonder if the pun was intended?) I think I now have any non-old-school Halo fan automatically hating me.

Not that I really care for this newbies jumping on some proverbial we-hate-kornman-bandwagon...but...well, guess there's always 343i after this!

TBH, I think the rank cap was weaker sauce, but hey, that's just me.

Old   
Agent ME Offline

Send a message via AIM to Agent MESend a message via MSN to Agent ME
10-31-2010 , 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Navi View Post
Huh? Don't you remember everyone for months trying figure out what the exact triggers were? It was a long time before someone bothered to figure out the game scripting format and revealed that the only triggers were to be on Legendary mode, and that it only spawns 1 out of 7 times.

EDIT: ...I'm thinking of Halo 2. I rarely think of Halo 3's skulls when I'm thinking of easter eggs in the games. Forget about this post.

Last edited by Agent ME; 10-31-2010 at 08:46 PM. .

Old   
Fortune Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fortune
10-31-2010 , 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent ME View Post
Huh? Don't you remember everyone for months trying figure out what the exact triggers were? It was a long time before someone bothered to figure out the game scripting format and revealed that the only triggers were to be on Legendary mode, and that it only spawns 1 out of 7 times.
You sure? I remember IWHBYD being found incredibly fast after the game came out because someone decided to hunt in the code for the trigger/ring sequence... I remember getting all of the skulls like my second or third runthrough of the game, and, at least for me, it spawned every time, no-fail. I could be wrong though... memory's pretty vauge, lol.

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

10-31-2010 , 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
You sure? I remember IWHBYD being found incredibly fast after the game came out because someone decided to hunt in the code for the trigger/ring sequence... I remember getting all of the skulls like my second or third runthrough of the game, and, at least for me, it spawned every time, no-fail. I could be wrong though... memory's pretty vauge, lol.
Yeah, the Hayabusa helmet was suddenly in EVERYONE'S armory thanks to that. Spoiling what was supposed to be a very rare helmet and making everyone in matchmaking were the same damn thing.

I do believe, though, that we'd never be able to find some things without hackers. Even with clues, how were we supposed to find the second switch behind the box on "The Package"? This switch that activates the Pelican/Phantom would have been found pretty quickly even without hacking. Like I said; I was close to finding it, and I'm never the first at anything in Halo.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

10-31-2010 , 07:50 PM

Agent ME was confused thinking it meant Halo 2 IWHBYD and not Halo 3 IWHBYD. Halo 3's was super fast.
Ninja'd

Old   
Agent ME Offline

Send a message via AIM to Agent MESend a message via MSN to Agent ME
10-31-2010 , 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Demon View Post
Agent ME was confused thinking it meant Halo 2 IWHBYD and not Halo 3 IWHBYD. Halo 3's was super fast.
Ninja'd
Not sure why you crossed that out but you're exactly right :/ I wasn't thinking about the Halo 3 skulls at all. They were a bit of a disappointment. Edited my post now.

Old   
Man Demon Offline

10-31-2010 , 09:07 PM

What the? I swear I got ninja'd by a post saying almost the exact same one line.

Old   

10-31-2010 , 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Navi View Post
I was speaking specifically of kornman00, but he might have done that one too, I don't remember.

Spartan-043, yes, yes it was. There was a link in this thread to HBO, the first post was kornman00 explaining how he found it in the code, and it was posted before he actually even tried to do it. Seeing the name kornman should throw up big flags if you ever see it, he's probably the biggest Halo modder, back since CE.

About the IWHBYD thing, I seem to remember we were already trying musical sequences from halo songs at the time it was found in the code.