Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach Tricking Forum
Halo: Reach Tricking Forum Halo: Reach tricks, exploration, easter eggs
Notices

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

10-31-2010 , 09:53 PM

Quote:
About the IWHBYD thing, I seem to remember we were already trying musical sequences from halo songs at the time it was found in the code.
Well, yeah. Marty O'Donnell did give some pretty big clues for us there. I'm not saying we would not have found that eventually, but certainly no where near as fast as we did because of modding.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
11-01-2010 , 04:45 AM

Guys, screw the pelican. The phantom is so much more fun!! I was launching the AA turrets by going through the building, then pulling up and appearing from under the turret. The phantom has better control and banks like crazy.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

11-01-2010 , 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
Beautiful. Finally Duke will have something to post on the front page. It's only been eleven days.
I've posted every single thing that was passed on to me in the news submission forum.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
MASTER GAMERTAG Offline

Send a message via AIM to MASTER GAMERTAG
11-01-2010 , 04:38 PM

The HIH community definitely did not find this...

Old   
Spec Ops Lead Offline

11-01-2010 , 05:05 PM

I do not believe anyone is trying to take credit, but the credit that is mostly due is to Kornman for reading the code (although we don't condone this here at HIH) for giving everyone the first steps to take. I know there were multiple people close to finding it and a couple or a few that may have even found it within a couple hours timespan, including myself and Kornman.

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

Send a message via AIM to glitchfinder1
11-01-2010 , 05:47 PM

I said that in my write up but it was changed a bit for the front page.

Old   
grumpy Offline

11-01-2010 , 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER GAMERTAG View Post
The HIH community definitely did not find this...
The FP was a good writeup and owned up to someone looking at the codes. I don't see anywhere, in any post where someone said HIH was the first. Good job everyone, it was an interesting thread.

Old   
roffleburger707 Offline

11-01-2010 , 07:33 PM

Epic find, I was reading the thread yesterday in the Bungie forums, I didn't think it'd be found so fast.

Old   
MASTER GAMERTAG Offline

11-01-2010 , 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
The FP was a good writeup and owned up to someone looking at the codes. I don't see anywhere, in any post where someone said HIH was the first. Good job everyone, it was an interesting thread.
Agreed, except for this part (what I was talking about) "However, the HIH community found that you just had to fly over to another building after activating the switch and you would be transported into either a pelican if you were flying a falcon or a phantom if you were flying a banshee."

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-01-2010 , 09:04 PM

kornman did not find that out, he thought the falcon/banshee had to be almost destroyed for the pelican/phantom to trigger and referred to the code mentioning health triggers. So while I'm not going to research what video first featured someone flying through that ring building, I saw it here so I gave the nod to here.

Old   
MASTER GAMERTAG Offline

11-02-2010 , 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchfinder1 View Post
kornman did not find that out, he thought the falcon/banshee had to be almost destroyed for the pelican/phantom to trigger and referred to the code mentioning health triggers. So while I'm not going to research what video first featured someone flying through that ring building, I saw it here so I gave the nod to here.
I am not blaming you at all, I also do not support modding in anyway. Especially if the modding is going to ruin everyones time, so Kornman can eat one. I was just saying it definitely wasn't anyone here.

Old   
Dojorkan Offline

11-02-2010 , 02:16 AM

Wow. I wonder when people are actually going to talk about the Dropships instead of about who found them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Dojorkan! It's good to see you in print again.
Hey there! Long time no read!

Quote:
I am not blaming you at all, I also do not support modding in anyway. Especially if the modding is going to ruin everyones time, so Kornman can eat one. I was just saying it definitely wasn't anyone here.
He didn't try to ruin anyone's time.

He wasn't even 100% accurate, he posted some vague things to get people searching for it on the right track. Then ended up following his own knowledge to manually find it himself in-game.

don't support modding in anyway? Modding isn't all cheating like what the losers in Matchmaking make it out to be.

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

11-02-2010 , 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojorkan View Post
He didn't try to ruin anyone's time.

He wasn't even 100% accurate, he posted some vague things to get people searching for it on the right track. Then ended up following his own knowledge to manually find it himself in-game.

He said exactly what the script said, I don't see where he wasn't accurate. The damage thing was an internal thing, nothing you had to do yourself, but it was still something in the script.

And yes there's a difference between modding and cheating, it doesn't mean that non-cheating modding can't ruin an experience for someone else, as this shows.

Old   
Spec Ops Lead Offline

11-02-2010 , 08:50 AM

Anyways, back to Pelican/Phantom, I say we next find out how to get outof one without it deloading ^.^

Old   
John Spartan-117 Offline

Location: Cryogenic stasis, in geosynchronous orbit above an unknown Forerunner planet.
Send a message via Yahoo to John Spartan-117
11-02-2010 , 01:04 PM

Quote:
Agreed, except for this part (what I was talking about) "However, the HIH community found that you just had to fly over to another building after activating the switch and you would be transported into either a pelican if you were flying a falcon or a phantom if you were flying a banshee."

It's always been like that here. Credit Wars, because people rarely acknowledge the actual discoverer, only the trick. Especially if its a joint project, one person will always jump the gun, post it first, and pass it off like they did all the work. People are selfish like that, and that has actually happened before.

Not saying that happened in this instance, but it is the norm. Also, HIH has a tendancy as a community-as-a-whole to try and present things as if HIH found them first. Thus that tid-bit on the front-page.

I read about how to get the flyable Pelican/Phantom on Bungie.net forum DAYS before HIH had a TuT up. Since then its sprang all over the web, appearing on HBO, Forgehub, Forgineers, and several other Halo/Reach sites, and most of them are claiming that one of THEIR members "discovered" it.

I've been a victim of credit whoring in the past myself (wont discuss that), aswel as Mod-related game-code information being censored here on HIH that had no impact on gameplay or was spoiler related (Someone labeled the Halo 2 Library complex "Mt. Doom" in the game script, a reference to Lord of the Rings, and another labeled the slip-space shockwave that ripples over Metro at the end after Akira, Tetsuo and Kaneda from the 1988 anime "Akira"). Those two posts were subsequently closed due to containing strings of code, then re-opened after I questioned the Mods and Admins.

Yet other Modding-related topics posted by others remained open, and actually encouraged. The point is, there is a difference between Modding and Cheating, however HIH's view of the two is very gray, and tends to pick and choose on a case by case basis.

Thus I rarely ever post here, I haven't infact, save two or three times, since Halo 2. I focus on playing the game now, not trying to establish who did what first and dish out credit where credit is due.

I don't even post my findings anymore. I scan forums for things that are new to ME, and give thumbs up to the poster. I Prefer to keep any discoveries that I make (or are new to me) to myself, or between friends. It's better that way, no bickering, no arguing, pure enjoyment. I encourage you all to do the same.

It's a game, get back to playing with it. Have fun with the Pelican/Phantom, and focus not on who found it.

To quote what someone said to me once
"Whose going to remember the guy who discovered _insertglitch/trickhere_'s name a year from now anyway???"

So I pose that question to you now. With a few others to drive the point home:

Who remembers who originally get outside the Pillar of Autumn in Halo 1?
Who remembers who originally cloned Johnson at the end of Halo 2?

(Dont search the forum, its a rhetorical question, if you have to search, you prove my point. No one does, or atleast, a very very very very very small handful of people. I don't even remember.)

So the ultimate question is: Who cares who discovers what? It's a game, get back to playing.

Old   
Sploit Offline

Send a message via AIM to SploitSend a message via MSN to SploitSend a message via Yahoo to Sploit
11-02-2010 , 02:38 PM

Tru.dat

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-02-2010 , 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spartan-117 View Post
I read about how to get the flyable Pelican/Phantom on Bungie.net forum DAYS before HIH had a TuT up. Since then its sprang all over the web, appearing on HBO, Forgehub, Forgineers, and several other Halo/Reach sites, and most of them are claiming that one of THEIR members "discovered" it.
Not days....day Noone knew about this before Bungie posted that hint. The tutorial in this thread was posted a day after the hint. I also explained my reasoning for why I said HIH community, I wasn't alluding to any "credit whoring", just the thread where the tutorial was put up. I am not going to say, "And thanks to [member x] of the [insert other halo community]" for a front page post to our forum.

Anyway....anyone try any glitches/tricks involving the pelican or phantom yet. I found that going about 15 feet out from the oni waypoint is the barrier before you're kicked out of the pelican/phantom. At least it was that way in two of the directions i tried.

Old   

11-02-2010 , 04:06 PM

Quote:
I found that going about 15 feet out from the oni waypoint is the barrier before you're kicked out of the pelican/phantom. At least it was that way in two of the directions i tried.
So, if you go out from the waypoint 15 feet you get kicked out, did you try to land and then it wouldn't let you get back away from the platform?

Old   
glitchfinder1 Offline

11-02-2010 , 04:57 PM

woops meant 15 thousand....my mistake

Old   

11-02-2010 , 10:19 PM

Quote:
woops meant 15 thousand....my mistake
ha, I thought it seemed off :P

If it was just the phantom I would assume you were passing through the map bounds and dying, but you just get kicked out a certain distance?