Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
zelotajino3 Offline

heretic on the top tutorial - 12-15-2010 , 10:29 AM

hello, i'm back with my tutorial for the heretic

i create an other thread also because i think it's an other way for lead the AI and the bipeds (i think)

http://www.filefront.com/17652165/heretic tutorial.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvaXVFr8-w

(i add this to the thread "variety video")

Old   
Danza67 Offline

12-15-2010 , 11:43 AM

Watched it, now i shall try it.

Very nice tut, i never thought you could sword fly through there.

Amazing intro with the stickman,
Two questions,

Why does he die in that spot?
What happens if you carry on the level?

Once again, amazing

Old   
xlax007 Offline

12-15-2010 , 12:22 PM

Good video :)

There are some grammatical errors, but you told us about that, it doesn't matter since the video is very clear to follow. (My english is not too good aswell) Your other tutorial was a good start but this is a tutorial that is very usefull. I think flying the heretic to some place is a completely new trick! I haven't seen this anywhere before and I cant remember any-one mentioning this.
Dropping the heretic to the bottom has been done, but I don't know about flying him to random placse.

This trick opens a lot of tricking possibilites aswell: Maybe fly the heretic to the blue window, smash him through the window and swordfly through the glass
More stuff should be possible with this (what about launching the heretic! Put him on wing, stick other wing and kabooom wieee )

Good job

Last edited by xlax007; 12-15-2010 at 04:31 PM. .

Old   
grumpy Offline

12-15-2010 , 01:13 PM

Nice trick zelotalino, I wish I had PAL. However, for those who don't have PAL, if you speed run to the Banshees the leader will freeze sometimes.

He can be launched or maybe ram him through a door or two, then follow? Pretty cool vid.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
12-15-2010 , 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danza67 View Post
Why does he die in that spot?
1. In that spot is a killzone. Sometimes, even invincible AI is harmed by deathbarriers and stuff.
2. You can continue playing the level like normal. The Heretic leader escaping is only show, it does not affect the level process.

All in all, nice vid. As far as I know it has been done before, or at least something like that, but the vid was lost anyways, so it's basically new for now. I like it.
I don't know how much you know about swordlunging, you can just press X between two lunges. If you pull the right trigger, then press X, you can pull the right trigger just again, so you can lunge like 5 times per second.

Old   
OTfor2 Offline

12-15-2010 , 04:42 PM

I think you should leave your grammar as it is. I mean the "he will dead" made me laugh so hard (in a good way, really). As long as your tuts are simple to understand like this one, you need no improvement, great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danza67 View Post
2. You can continue playing the level like normal. The Heretic leader escaping is only show, it does not affect the level process.
I'd like to point out that halo 2 is very flexible concerning sequence breaking. Meaning you can skip huge chunks of levels with no consequences at all. Make sure to check out the Uprising run once the times table is put back up un highspeedhalo.net.

Old   
zelotajino3 Offline

12-15-2010 , 05:44 PM

thx to everyone. Yeah, some grammars errors. I don't do it "hard"....

it's a sample tutorial and very sample to understand, so i don't control the grammatics errors, sorry for this. But hope that you like that and that this video can be "useful" for yours glitches

but for the errors...HAHAHAHA I add a gret intro!! XD

Old   
LDG Offline

12-16-2010 , 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelotajino3 View Post
thx to everyone. Yeah, some grammars errors. I don't do it "hard"....

it's a sample tutorial and very sample to understand, so i don't control the grammatics errors, sorry for this. But hope that you like that and that this video can be "useful" for yours glitches

but for the errors...HAHAHAHA I add a gret intro!! XD
to me if I can understand what is being said then grammer means nothing (my english teacher hated me)

great tutorial, Ive never actually tried lunging through the glass but I do have a pal box so I may give it a shot.

Old   
grumpy Offline

12-16-2010 , 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
Ive never actually tried lunging through the glass but I do have a pal box so I may give it a shot.
Then you could lunge through the Oracle glass floor, where you can see fighting below. I've always wanted to do that.

Old   
LDG Offline

12-16-2010 , 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Then you could lunge through the Oracle glass floor, where you can see fighting below. I've always wanted to do that.
Now that I have tried, without success Im afraid, has anyone tried bawing through the door at the end when you drop down to get in there, it seems much simpler than the suggestions that were made to get there. (someone probably has because it is such a simple answer)

Old   
grumpy Offline

12-16-2010 , 02:17 AM

Quote:
Now that I have tried, without success Im afraid, has anyone tried bawing through the door at the end when you drop down to get in there, it seems much simpler than the suggestions that were made to get there. (someone probably has because it is such a simple answer)
Someone did get through the glass floor but the vid is lost and X, HB and I have BAW'ed in the storm room and every other door there. In fact, we had tea and crumpets while in each room. There were no girls so we got bored and left.

Old   
LDG Offline

12-16-2010 , 02:33 AM

Quote:
Someone did get through the glass floor but the vid is lost and X, HB and I have BAW'ed in the storm room and every other door there. In fact, we had tea and crumpets while in each room. There were no girls so we got bored and left.
wouldn't the crumpets hav been burnt in the explotion of the baw launch? although I must admit it's a great way to boil the water for the tea. (lol)

Old   
Danza67 Offline

12-16-2010 , 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
1. In that spot is a killzone. Sometimes, even invincible AI is harmed by deathbarriers and stuff.

All in all, nice vid. As far as I know it has been done before, or at least something like that, but the vid was lost anyways, so it's basically new for now. I like it.
I don't know how much you know about swordlunging, you can just press X between two lunges. If you pull the right trigger, then press X, you can pull the right trigger just again, so you can lunge like 5 times per second.
Thanks for answering, and OTfor2, i have seen H2DS (Amazing) Uprising run.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

12-16-2010 , 12:48 PM

Quote:
wouldn't the crumpets hav been burnt in the explotion of the baw launch? although I must admit it's a great way to boil the water for the tea. (lol)
haha :)

__

I was browsing the unexplored areas archive and found this:

Quote:
Heretic Leader ontop of the Gasmine

Once you get outisde again, swordlunge through the glass and grab the Heretic Leader's Banshee, making him stay. Get him to the top somehow, maybe push him onto a Banshee and fly upwards, I don't know.

Difficulty: Medium
Possible: Probably
Congratz

Old   
Muzza Offline

12-16-2010 , 10:09 PM

I tried doing this earlier but I couldn't get through the glass and I have a PAL Xbox 360 but yet I could go through the glass on my original xbox?

Old   
grumpy Offline

12-16-2010 , 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
I tried doing this earlier but I couldn't get through the glass and I have a PAL Xbox 360 but yet I could go through the glass on my original xbox?
Did you have H2 1.5 on your 360 and not on your original box?

Besides, if you want to mess with the Heretic leader just speed-ball through until he appears. He'll freeze most of the time. If he's not frozen, revert a CP or two and do it again.

If it's done in coop you could build a great pile and launch the heck out of him. Or you could BAW him in a door and then BAW in yourself and take him for a stroll. Maybe he opens doors once inside?

Old   
Muzza Offline

12-16-2010 , 10:30 PM

Quote:
Did you have H2 1.5 on your 360 and not on your original box?
Yep, I didn't get the update untill I got my 360 and xbox live.

Old   
grumpy Offline

12-17-2010 , 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Yep, I didn't get the update untill I got my 360 and xbox live.
Yeah, I had one other person tell me the exact same thing; 360 updated to 1.5 - no good, original box not updated - lunge through Heretic's glass.

@ zelotajino - Do you have 1.5 for your H2 and is it a 360?

On an off note, I discovered today that it's impossible to tandem swordfly out of the same vehicle, at least a Hog. I've never tried it with a Spectre.

Old   
zelotajino3 Offline

12-17-2010 , 07:11 AM

correct, for do my glitches i use the old xbox (no 360) without xbox live

so the version 1.0