Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

slYnki's Second Christmas Variety Video - 12-25-2010 , 03:09 AM

It's that time of year again, which means another variety video from me! Much like my christmas shopping, I started working on this video at the last minut- oh wait, that's right, I was awesome this year and got everything done early. Boo yeah! Sadly it's been an extremely hectic month for me, so I didn't have as much time to work on this video as I wanted, but I think it turned out wonderfully, and surprisingly longer than I thought, which makes me happy in the pants.

As the title suggests, this is a variety video, and there is certainly a nice variety of tricks in here. Almost a little bit of everything. Bumping, launching (including two deleted scenes from Dosage), vehicle collections, AI trickery, and even a tidbit of uncharacteristic multiplayer action. There's a couple new things, but mostly it's the same deal as last year. Just a collection of old school tricks and glitches, all of which should bring back memories and make you guys smile.

There is one surprise in this video, just before the credits roll (which of course consist of bloopers). I've been releasing excerpts from my launching video, Dosage (which will be released next year, hopefully before summer) every now and again for a few months. The last one I posted was "The Catch Launch", but I figured since it's christmas, I'd release another excerpt. It's a launch to a brand new spot on Assault on The Control Room. Granted, I set up the spot, but still... It seemed like a good choice for a finale trick =)

Hope you guys enjoy the launch, and please enjoy the whole video! Merry Christmas, HIH! Thanks for another great year.

Streaming (Blocked in Germany, I'm told):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JjTuv6qMw0

Download (Feel free to upload to your respective youtube channels, if you wish. Just make sure to give credit!):
http://www.filefront.com/17699699/ChristmasVariety2.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/43914484...asVariety2.wmv

Lastly, make sure to check back in the new year for another video, namely my most recent attempt at the T2T challenge.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
ViviD Offline

12-25-2010 , 03:59 AM

Awesome job Slynk, I loved it. Very trixy. Erm the bridge launch to the banshee was amazing. Thx for Christmas vid.

Old   
uberfoop Offline

12-25-2010 , 04:15 AM

I believe myself to be quite impressed.

I think I was most blown away by that first SC launch clip. Usually when there's an object between launch spot, trajectory, and target, I give up or choose a different launch spot. That's one of the more beautiful ways to say "screw you, level geometry!"

Just how difficult is it to get a supercombine to work as a clean launch trigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki View Post
It's a launch to a brand new spot on Assault on The Control Room. Granted, I set up the spot, but still... It seemed like a good choice for a finale trick =)
I've long known that area to be prone to objects being stuck in whacky places in wonky ways, but I didn't realize you could do that with that. Nice. The launch, too, was nice.

Old   
IncrediBill X Offline
Has Fanboys

Send a message via AIM to IncrediBill X
12-25-2010 , 05:12 AM

Awesome as always my friend. Can't wait for Dosage.

Good stuff.

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
12-25-2010 , 06:56 AM

That was a great watch! Good job, sir, especially the last launch was incredible!

ASP

Old   
LotsofLuck Offline
Take No Prisoners

Send a message via AIM to LotsofLuckSend a message via Skype™ to LotsofLuck
12-25-2010 , 12:24 PM

Very Very impressive slYnki. I'm amazed that after all these years, you can still find new and interesting glitches out there. I really liked the re-creatation of the blue-hallway trick (of course, Ducain did it in Single-Player ). I really liked both the marine and the elite launches, those must have taken forever to get right. For the duo-Banshee launch, couldn't you just have flown them up there? ().

Again, very cool slYnki. Have a fun and relaxing holiday!

Old   
grumpy Offline

12-26-2010 , 01:36 AM

Holy crap, landing on the Banshee wing! Damn, every time you launch a Marine or Hog somewhere, you go up and look so I think that's a great detail. I was going to comment on everything but it's all running together because you had more content than an old man can handle. The whole vid was pro, editing et al and I can't even imagine a better vid coming.

Someone from H1 should submit this.

Old   
JTuck Offline

12-26-2010 , 02:44 AM

Slynki, you never fail to impress me. All the content was fantastic, and the excerpt from Dosage just about blew my mind. I am most definitely looking forward to what you are going to pull out for Dosage. Keep it up man; we'll be watching. :)

Just curious, is this on an original Xbox or a 360, and is it on a disc? All I have is Halo: CE from the XBL downloadable version, and I'm wondering if a lot of the launching techniques still work on it. I wouldn't mind sifting through some the archives and maybe starting to do some Halo: CE tricking on my own.

Old   
Angels Of Chaos Offline

12-26-2010 , 02:57 AM

Loved it! Im uploading this to my channel :P

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

12-26-2010 , 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviD View Post
Awesome job Slynk, I loved it. Very trixy. Erm the bridge launch to the banshee was amazing. Thx for Christmas vid.
You're welcome, ViviD, and thanks for commenting! Maybe you, me and others can collaborate for the next christmas video =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfoop
I believe myself to be quite impressed.

I think I was most blown away by that first SC launch clip. Usually when there's an object between launch spot, trajectory, and target, I give up or choose a different launch spot. That's one of the more beautiful ways to say "screw you, level geometry!"

Just how difficult is it to get a supercombine to work as a clean launch trigger?

I've long known that area to be prone to objects being stuck in whacky places in wonky ways, but I didn't realize you could do that with that. Nice. The launch, too, was nice.

uberfoop! Nice to see you out and about on the forum, by the way. You disappeared for a little while there.

Haha, I loved that launch on SC. I just looked at that area and said, "I wonder..." I came up with a better landing spot though, so I figured it would be a nice little deleted scene. As for how difficult it is to get a launch like that, hahaha, well, I got that launch first try. From my experience, it depends solely on the height of the ceiling you're trying to launch through. That ceiling is really low to the ground, so as long as you survive the grenade explosion, it's not too difficult to go through it. I've had problems with higher ceilings though.

To spill the beans, there are two more launches like that in Dosage, one of which I have yet to land, the other I have yet to test (hint: it's to a new spot on Halo-Halo). The one I have yet to land is an absolute pain in my side, because the ceiling is so high.

Glad you liked the bridge launch. The way I found out the banshee sticks like that was amusing. Originally I was trying to jam a shade under the bridge so I could land on one of the feet, and accidentally jammed the banshee in there. I just looked at it, "Well that works!" Gotta love Halo :P

Thanks for commenting, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBill X
Awesome as always my friend. Can't wait for Dosage.

Good stuff.
Thanks a bunch, Bill. I'm hyping the video up so much, I hope it doesn't disappoint! =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallPerish
That was a great watch! Good job, sir, especially the last launch was incredible!

ASP
Thanks, Perish! Glad you liked it. I'm so glad I decided to release that banshee clip, everyone seems to like it a lot, and that's not even close to being my best clip. Haha, more hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Also Scott
Very Very impressive slYnki. I'm amazed that after all these years, you can still find new and interesting glitches out there. I really liked the re-creatation of the blue-hallway trick (of course, Ducain did it in Single-Player ). I really liked both the marine and the elite launches, those must have taken forever to get right. For the duo-Banshee launch, couldn't you just have flown them up there? ().

Again, very cool slYnki. Have a fun and relaxing holiday!
The blue hallway collection is a classic! I would have done it in single player, but y'know, time constraints =D. The marine launch didn't take too long, actually. I've gotten A LOT more up there, and that particular trick is sitting on an old ass VHS tape in my room. Ah, the memories. As for the banshees, you can't fly them on Halo, dude! :D

You have a relaxing holiday too, my friend. When I get my computer back up to speed, we should play some TF2 or rock a little L4D for old times sake. Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
Holy crap, landing on the Banshee wing! Damn, every time you launch a Marine or Hog somewhere, you go up and look so I think that's a great detail. I was going to comment on everything but it's all running together because you had more content than an old man can handle. The whole vid was pro, editing et al and I can't even imagine a better vid coming.

Someone from H1 should submit this.
You gotta launch up to your vehicles or marines or other AI, or fly up there with a banshee! It's a tradition. It's funny. I actually can't consider any trick involving a vehicle that I launch to a certain spot complete until I get up with it by some means. Haha, no need to comment on everything, my friend. Just hearing you enjoyed the video is good for me.

If you mean submitting to the frontpage, I could do it, but I have not seen Duke around for ages now. Kind of concerned about that guy. Doesn't feel like HIH without him checking in every now and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTuck
Slynki, you never fail to impress me. All the content was fantastic, and the excerpt from Dosage just about blew my mind. I am most definitely looking forward to what you are going to pull out for Dosage. Keep it up man; we'll be watching. :)

Just curious, is this on an original Xbox or a 360, and is it on a disc? All I have is Halo: CE from the XBL downloadable version, and I'm wondering if a lot of the launching techniques still work on it. I wouldn't mind sifting through some the archives and maybe starting to do some Halo: CE tricking on my own.
Thanks a lot, Elvish! Haha, yet another person who likes the banshee clip. I knew you guys would like that one =) I have a lot more in store for the final video, so I'm glad you guys are looking forward to it. Makes working on the video that much more enjoyable, although at this point I admittedly would like to put a hatchet in my xbox, but I'm almost there! =D

This is on the original Xbox, so yeah, it is on a disc. I play the downloadable version from time to time on my 360, because I can play with my headphones on, and the only difference is that the game chugs a little on the 360 when there's a lot happening on the screen. For example, try crossing the two suspension bridges on Two Betrayals on the original xbox, then go and try it on the 360. You'll see what I mean. Other than that, there shouldn't be any problem with any of the launching techniques, or glitching techniques.

That would be awesome if you started up Halo 1 tricking. Easiest thing in the world when you get the basics down. If you ever need any help with it, I'd be happy to oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels Of Chaos
Loved it! Im uploading this to my channel :P
Well if it isn't Angles of Chaos :P Thanks a lot for commenting, dude, and for uploading it to your channel. The more people entertained, the better.

Thanks to everyone who's commented thus far. Hopefully this baby gets some more comments after the holiday madness settles down a little.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
12-26-2010 , 06:35 AM

I loved it, that was some very impressive footage. That launch to the Banshee wing was crazy shizz.
I also liked the Needler Launch on Halo. What I totally enjoy about your vids is your never ending creativity, there is always new stuff like that which nobody has thought of earlier.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

12-26-2010 , 02:12 PM

Watched it, it's an entertaining and fun variety vid, so good job!

The last launch on the banshee wing is epic haha

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
12-26-2010 , 06:53 PM

Cool video slYnki, can't wait to see your latest T2T attempt. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTuck View Post
All I have is Halo: CE from the XBL downloadable version, and I'm wondering if a lot of the launching techniques still work on it. I wouldn't mind sifting through some the archives and maybe starting to do some Halo: CE tricking on my own.
It's the same game, only differences I've noticed are that the demos that were on the original game aren't there, and the fog renders differently. I only trick on my 360 now cause the controllers are imo way better. xD

Old   
uberfoop Offline

12-26-2010 , 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTuck View Post
The differences between oXbox and 360 are fairly slight.

The first thing you might notice is that the emulator doesn't have the game demos tab on the main menu, whereas on oXbox the game does (this oddity holds even if you use the disc in a 360). What you'll miss out on depends on which disc you use. If you have an old disc (like an '02 GotY disc; I actually have no idea what pre-GotY editions have, since I don't have one), that means a Fusion Frenzy demo and some game trailers. If you have a disc from Halo 2's marketting era, you get an assortment of 3 Halo 2 vids including the '03 E3 demo.

In the game itself, the main thing is that the 360 has a few visual differences. The color balance seems slightly more purplish than on an oXbox (though maybe that's just the output I'm using...), and a few visual effects don't display, in some cases being replaced by cheap mock-up effects (the beautiful cloudy effects in the sky of AotCR/TB have been replaced by this weird flat fade that increases as you go up if you play on the 360).

The controller calibration is also a little weird. There are moments where you get a proper low-amplitude buzz on the oXbox controller where the 360 controller will jerk around slowly but powerfully.

But yeah, the games are for the most part the same.
In the case of physics, the quirks that allow things like launching to work are completely normal HCE physics; flipping a moving vehicle is SUPPOSED to make it not kill you when it strikes, for example, for very good gameplay reasons.

Old   
Muzza Offline

12-26-2010 , 08:02 PM

Nice vid Slynki.

Does anyone here have Halo: CE for PC and are interested in messing around and having a bit of fun?

Old   
LDG Offline

12-27-2010 , 12:27 AM

that wasmind blowing!

I'm yet anouther person who liked the launching onto the banshee wing, I can't wait for dosage.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

12-27-2010 , 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
I loved it, that was some very impressive footage. That launch to the Banshee wing was crazy shizz.
I also liked the Needler Launch on Halo. What I totally enjoy about your vids is your never ending creativity, there is always new stuff like that which nobody has thought of earlier.
HB! I'm glad you liked the banshee wing, and I'm very happy you liked the needler launch. I thought that was a clever way to set off a grenade pile =)

You are too kind, my friend. Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007
Watched it, it's an entertaining and fun variety vid, so good job!

The last launch on the banshee wing is epic haha
Thanks a lot, xlax. Glad you enjoyed the banshee wing too, hahaha :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr
Cool video slYnki, can't wait to see your latest T2T attempt. =D
I came up way short, sadly. I'm a bit rusty at setting it up it seems! I'm still gonna release the video though. Who doesn't love T2T attempts? In fact, I'm going to continue editing it after I'm through writing this post =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza
Nice vid Slynki.

Does anyone here have Halo: CE for PC and are interested in messing around and having a bit of fun?
Thanks Muzza. Wish I had Halo PC. It would be fun to get a party of people together and just mess around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG
that wasmind blowing!

I'm yet anouther person who liked the launching onto the banshee wing, I can't wait for dosage.
Thanks a bunch, LDG! And if you liked the banshee wing, just wait until you see my better clips =)

Thanks for submitting the video to the front page, by the way. Duke would likely prefer more of a news post to work with, but if he pops in again soon and spots it, I think we'll find a way to make it work ^_^

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
12-27-2010 , 12:21 PM

Very very awesome, I need to get back into Halo 1, the reason I don't is because I can't record D:

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
12-27-2010 , 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki View Post
I came up way short, sadly. I'm a bit rusty at setting it up it seems! I'm still gonna release the video though. Who doesn't love T2T attempts? In fact, I'm going to continue editing it after I'm through writing this post =)
Hmm, just out of curiosity did you use plasma or frag grenades for the pile? I think you used plasmas for previous attempts, just wondering if you tried using frags this time.

I'm on vacation atm, but when I come back I might take another shot at it. I actually thought of a better path to take when collecting grenades in the second loadzone. I'll go to all the areas, but avoid going inside the underground structure at the cliff tower. The cool thing about taking that route is that a nav point shows up right below you, so if I land on the other tower you'll see how far I went. xD

Last edited by Lone Starr; 12-27-2010 at 08:12 PM. .

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

12-28-2010 , 08:38 PM

Hey guys,

First off - this is great. Loved every minute of it. Takes you back, and I'm glad Halo 1 is still being played. :-)

Second, VERY sorry I've not been around much. Kinda dropped off the radar purposefully since mid-December. Kinda weighing what my involvement will be from here on out. We'll see.

If you wonder if I'm dead, feel free to hit me on email. I'll be poking in more regularly now, though I'm pretty much done with Reach already. Good game, but...ya.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com