Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
LDG Offline

03-19-2011 , 08:00 PM

I have an Idea:
exactly how small is that shaft? if it is small enough then maybe we could baw some boxes down there, have player 1 baw and corner ride, then rearange the boxes as necisary and simply have player two spawn bumped into the cutscene room.

could it work?

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

03-19-2011 , 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
I have an Idea:
exactly how small is that shaft? if it is small enough then maybe we could baw some boxes down there, have player 1 baw and corner ride, then rearange the boxes as necisary and simply have player two spawn bumped into the cutscene room.

could it work?
Lets just go all out and get that impossible hog on cairo and then bump through!

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-19-2011 , 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
Lets just go all out and get that impossible hog on cairo and then bump through!
Alright, sounds like a challenge....MC, 2 Johnsons, a Hog and Miranda in the cutscene room. Sounds doable to me.

@LDG - The ledge is too small.

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

03-19-2011 , 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Lol, really, I thought there were two doors in the cutscene room. Have people always known this? How would they know? I already know how you know but am I the only one that doesn't know?

Do you think the empty shaft door would open if Johnson was down there?
Yep only 1 door and thats in the empty elevator shaft that i box bawed into there just watched the first video i made of exploring there lol. I'm not sure if people have known about this or not before.

I dunno it might i've never heard of people trying that. It's worth a try could you really baw him in there?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-19-2011 , 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
Yep only 1 door and thats in the empty elevator shaft that i box bawed into there just watched the first video i made of exploring there lol. I'm not sure if people have known about this or not before.

I dunno it might i've never heard of people trying that. It's worth a try could you really baw him in there?
BAW'ing Sarge is easy, he never dies. I made a vid a while back where I box BAW'ed him through a Cairo door using a Grunt (with GBD). Shot him in the head, he exploded and Johnson went through. A regular BAW would work fine.

If Johnson could open that door this trick can be done. Kinda like Mr Invincible on GJ.

Old   

03-19-2011 , 11:30 PM

Quote:
BAW'ing Sarge is easy, he never dies. I made a vid a while back where I box BAW'ed him through a Cairo door using a Grunt (with GBD). Shot him in the head, he exploded and Johnson went through. A regular BAW would work fine.

If Johnson could open that door this trick can be done. Kinda like Mr Invincible on GJ.
Oooooo this sounds like it should be interesting, mind if i give it a try? Doubt ill be able to get him that far into the level though i'm awful with getting the AI to move.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-19-2011 , 11:37 PM

How do you even corner ride down the elevator shaft? Where is there TO corner ride?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-19-2011 , 11:42 PM

Quote:
Oooooo this sounds like it should be interesting, mind if i give it a try? Doubt ill be able to get him that far into the level though i'm awful with getting the AI to move.
No, that's why I posted it. Use the guide I wrote and modify that model to fit the empty shaft. I was hoping Bud would see this and give it a try.

He box BAW'ed himself down without much problem. The problem was what to do when you get down there. So, if you BAW P1 and Johnson down with one box BAW, then suicide P2 down you have P1 with nades and all you have to do is get P2 on the ledge. P1 sticks Johnson to get him close enough to the door to see if it opens.

If the door opens....profit.

I've got his vid somewhere if you want to watch.

Last edited by grumpy; 03-20-2011 at 01:51 AM. .

Old   

03-20-2011 , 12:02 AM

Quote:
No, that's why I posted it. Use the guide I wrote and modify that model to fit the empty shaft. I was hoping Budder3 would see this and give it a try.

He box BAW'ed himself down without much problem. The problem was what to do when you get down there. So, if you BAW P1 and Johnson down with one box BAW, then suicide P2 down you have P1 with nades and all you have to do is get P2 on the ledge. P1 sticks Johnson to get him close enough to the door to see if it opens.

If the door opens....profit.

I've got his vid somewhere if you want to watch.
You can also kill p2 before or p1 and have their grenades go through the door and fall down the shaft before hand. This definitely seems like it could work though.

To OSK: On the side there's parts that you can ride down or bounce off of that will slow you down on the fall. There's also another ledge that i think you can bounce off. It's not too hard to get down there once you get the hang of it. It's mostly just getting lucky and hitting something that will slow you down.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-20-2011 , 12:18 AM

Quote:
You can also kill p2 before or p1 and have their grenades go through the door and fall down the shaft before hand. This definitely seems like it could work though.

To OSK: On the side there's parts that you can ride down or bounce off of that will slow you down on the fall. There's also another ledge that i think you can bounce off. It's not too hard to get down there once you get the hang of it. It's mostly just getting lucky and hitting something that will slow you down.
Lol, if you have GBD on you wouldn't really need nades. I've tried to get nades through but they just bounce off but I didn't try the empty shaft door, I was too stupid.

OSK - it's a straight corner ride that Bud uses to get down.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-20-2011 , 12:19 AM

Quote:
Alright, sounds like a challenge....MC, 2 Johnsons, a Hog and Miranda in the cutscene room. Sounds doable to me.

@LDG - The ledge is too small.
I don't understand, how could it be to small, my thought is to fill up the area in a way that when you have P1 down there and get P2 to suicide so there isn't enough room for P2 to spawn in the shaft so he spawns in the cutscene room, how could it being too small affect that?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-20-2011 , 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
I don't understand, how could it be to small, my thought is to fill up the area in a way that when you have P1 down there and get P2 to suicide so there isn't enough room for P2 to spawn in the shaft so he spawns in the cutscene room, how could it being too small affect that?
I'll post Buds vid in a few minutes. The shaft is big and the door to the cutscene room is 4 or 5 meters up from the floor and there's a small ledge to stand on. Not enough boxes for that area.

It's an awesome vid, he makes it look easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9hprhS7IKM

Old   

04-05-2011 , 11:17 AM

Quote:
I'll post Buds vid in a few minutes. The shaft is big and the door to the cutscene room is 4 or 5 meters up from the floor and there's a small ledge to stand on. Not enough boxes for that area.

It's an awesome vid, he makes it look easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9hprhS7IKM

I tried using the AI to open the door but it doesn't work sadly.