Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
RU Custum Offline

My 2 Cents - 03-28-2011 , 02:01 PM

I posted this is the wrong forum, so I am posting here as well.

Hello HIH, I have been an avid visitor of this site since before 2005/6 (time flies!!). I have seen this site grow and change over the years, both for the good and bad. Mainly for the good of course, but unfortunately life throws things at people in different ways, great trickers came and went and occasionally came back. (If you have been here long enough I am guessing you know whom I talking about!) One thing that remained was the tricking!! And Plenty of it.

I was introduced to tricking solely because of Halo 2 supper bouncing. That day, I knew that Halo 2 would be a game that I would play over and over and for years to come, but even then I had NO IDEA what was in store for me. I decided to see if there were others, I searched the internet and I came across a webpage ( I can't for the life of me remember what it was) that listed 50 or so SB's and how to do them. I think the page was yellow for some reason, could be wrong. That page ended up being picked up by HIH and my underground hobby came alive. HIH introduced me to the amazing things the HALO franchise brought to a niche group in the gaming community. Who would have known hucking a Hog threw the air would be soooo much fun. For that matter playing multiplayer, hours on end, by yourself (YES, this is an understatement!!)

I was never someone who posted much, but was always watching/waiting for the next trick/glitch to pop up. Back then you didn't have to wait a month to get a tut. HIH became a place for me to go to to pass time until I could get home to play Halo and try the things I saw you guys/gals doing here even if I wasn't sure if I could replicate it. I honestly couldn't get enough. And to this day this I feel the same way!

When I hopped back on here yesterday, I saw "some" of the saddest news I have seen posted on this site, the announcement of the end of era. HIH has been a huge part of my gaming life! I can tell you for certainty without this site/community my Halo career would have been cut drastically.

I just want to thank EVERYONE that had any part in this site over the years! Keeping a website like this active takes time and isn't easy. HAHA, Somewhat reminds me of Tricking/glitching...Both are very time consuming and can be frustrating at times, because of this I am grateful. Keep Tricking/Glitching and just having fun!

Thanks Again!!

RU Custum A.K.A Paul

*Sorry about the wall of text!

Old   
Dragon Offline

03-28-2011 , 09:58 PM

Well, this is the first time I've posted for - I think - a few years, and what better time than now? Because I don't want to go down in the archives as some random, retarded thirteen-year-old, I thought I'd stop by to bring you this:

Poop.

Also, that if it wasn't for this site, half of my life wouldn't have happened like it did because HIH was what introduced me to... the internet, basically. I wouldn't have expanded to IRC and, eventually, other forums and IRC networks that have, sadly, pretty much defined the course of my life for the last five years (not to say that I don't have one). For the obligatory history, I was bored one day after school and was hanging around in the wonderfully-named "internet club" for an hour, looking at PlanetHalo, sadly enough, plotting when to abuse my next comma when a link on the links page caught my eye. That little link grew up to be HIH. Then I found out how links worked and realised that the site had been there all along. Anyway, registered, talked, Java IRC client, trouts, badmins, etc.

Oh, and I never did own a "CG movie company".

Old   
nathstoke Offline

03-29-2011 , 07:02 PM

I haven't been a member on here as many other members, and it appears like I am never active here. I never really bother signing in, but I have been reading a LOT of the topics and have enjoyed it a lot :) I have been tricking since Halo 1, I watched a few video's on YouTube and really got into it. I don't really play Xbox much anymore, but I will always be interested in watching video's on YouTube :) Goodbye HIH!

-nathstoke

Old   
Turmolt Offline
Call Me Captain

Send a message via AIM to Turmolt
03-30-2011 , 01:19 PM

It was bound to happen eventually.. I don't come here as often as I used to (visited every day for years) but I have many fond memories of this website.

Duke, best of luck to you in your life and best of luck to everyone else on this site that I have grown close to over the years. I will still be on the interwebs just in different places. I hope to run into you all again.

Love,
Turmolt

Old   
Cozce Offline

03-31-2011 , 04:58 AM

Seeing this on the front page seriously made a rush of emotions come forth for me. As happy as I am that you're keeping the site viewable (thanks Louis)...my heart is broken we can't further post or anything. :(

<3

Old   
TwistableGore Offline

Send a message via AIM to TwistableGore
03-31-2011 , 12:21 PM

Crazy to see it end, thank you Duke and the HIH team for your hard work over the years. Thank you to the community for making this site THE place to be for the 'bored-of-shooting' Halo players. I could go on and on about how important this site was when I was 16 and lost in the world of Halo, but there are plenty who share my story.

Just, thank you!

Old   
InfiniZ Offline
Remember, Remember...

Send a message via AIM to InfiniZSend a message via MSN to InfiniZSend a message via Skype™ to InfiniZ
04-01-2011 , 10:54 AM

Don't know what made me come back to HIH today, but I'm glad I was able to catch this before it was frozen forever.

I came to HIH all the way back in V1. I remember seeing Warthog launching on Silent Cartographer and I was hooked on Halo tricking. This site was the spawning pool of hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of sleepless nights where I refused to go to bed until I tricked my way through everything I could find on the front page.

I'll sure miss you HIH!

Old   
Johnintoit Offline
Monitor

Location: If you were holding the devils hand, would you still be afraid of the dark?.
Send a message via MSN to Johnintoit
04-01-2011 , 11:59 AM

I read the first post on this a few days ago and was going to leave a post but couldn't bring myself to do it.

All I could think of was the song by Don McLean singing American Pie, on the sixth is the day the music stops playing here.

My first video a friend of mine made on here was "superbouncing out of Zanzibar, I posted it in the wrong forum "go figure" but I'm glad I did because it made me stop and ask "hey wait, what's all this stuff about?" I remember watching videos by Yasha and Coconut Corp to mention a few and thought, wow, now this I have to try!!!

I did a string of videos entitled "So you wanna Glitch" a few bounching videos, a boat load of tutorials and countless memories to top it all off.

At the end of it, I want to say thanks to Duke for giving us all this opportunity, thanks to all the people that made this site what it was, a gathering of people that shared a common interest on a game that became anything but common.

Thank you HIH.

This is -Johnintoit signing off.

Last edited by Johnintoit; 04-01-2011 at 02:47 PM. .

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

04-01-2011 , 05:37 PM

Wow, massive up-vote for this entire thread. I'm very thankful for all this little pool of ones and zeros has meant to folks over the years. <3

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
Bob NLD Offline

04-01-2011 , 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
Wow, massive up-vote for this entire thread. I'm very thankful for all this little pool of ones and zeros has meant to folks over the years. <3
I'm sure you can leave out the 'little'. Thanks again Duke.

Old   
Darkest Offline

04-02-2011 , 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
Duke, did anyone ever actually land the mythical "T2T?"

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
04-02-2011 , 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
Duke, did anyone ever actually land the mythical "T2T?"
It's in the works!

ASP

Old   
IrishMann313 Offline

Send a message via AIM to IrishMann313
04-02-2011 , 11:24 AM

I remember when my brother introduced this site to me back in 5th grade. Being a part of HighSpeedHalo truly has been an enjoyable experience, even though my brother and I (themann1086) haven't posted a speed run in a long time. Playing Halo games was and still is the most enjoyable video game experience for me, and I have HIH to thank for that. I got to meet some great people, and got to share my love for Halo with thousands of other people. Thanks for the memories HIH, you will be missed.

Old   
Wooden Foot Offline
The Fiend Supreme

Send a message via AIM to Wooden FootSend a message via MSN to Wooden FootSend a message via Yahoo to Wooden Foot
04-02-2011 , 08:54 PM

Thanks for all the good time's and friends made. I know I haven't been very active as of late but it has been nice to pop in and feel right at home. Good bye to all my halo friends if you want to stay in contact hit up my face book with a message and a request.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/WoodenFoot

Old   
Wooden Foot Offline
The Fiend Supreme

Send a message via AIM to Wooden FootSend a message via MSN to Wooden FootSend a message via Yahoo to Wooden Foot
Tears - 04-02-2011 , 09:01 PM

Seriously this is making me sad....thnx Duke and everyone for being so welcoming. my gamer tag will remain Wooden Foot for anyone who still wants to play from time to time.

I'm glad I signed in and read this so I could say goodbye to all you special people....you know who you are. Thnx for being a nerd with me and spending countless hours sharing our love for a game.

Old   
LDG Offline

04-03-2011 , 06:46 AM

my first post
http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...ad.php?t=56185

Old   
Grandgamer119 Offline

04-04-2011 , 08:38 PM

Well, I'm not exactly a regular here, but I've been lurking around here since well before my join date of '06. I logged in to make this post and realized my last login was 8-11-2008, although I've been to this site about twice a week since then. I didn't really make any videos or do anything, but I have been so inspired by watching all of the things other people on this site did. I'm a musician (sax player) and whenever I would get fed up with practicing or frustrated I would just think about the patience it must take to launch or pull off some of the other tricks on here. Not to mention I found some great music in the videos. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of that, and given me so much to marvel at over the years.

Old   
~coach~ Offline

04-04-2011 , 09:53 PM

In case the site shuts down before I can say anything, Thank you again Duke for all the years!

Old   
Dmon9055 Offline

04-05-2011 , 04:13 AM

texthere

Old   
RandomCTG Offline

04-05-2011 , 05:39 AM

I'll always remember you HIH
Godspeed

Tags
we'll miss you hih!