Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
foxygrandpa Offline

04-05-2011 , 11:27 PM

It's really awesome to see people like shad0wflame, korhal, and grunty around, cool to see ms.man still getting recognition.

Old   
SamFukal Offline

04-06-2011 , 12:02 AM

I could name so many inspirations and notable characters, but in the end, it's everyone that made this site what it is. <3

Old   
JTuck Offline

04-06-2011 , 12:10 AM

I truly will miss this site. It became a home to me, and I loved it. HIH was a part of my day-to-day life, and it has helped change me into a better person. I may not have been a part of this site at its prime, but I'll never forget all of the memories from HIH. I'll remember all of you, the community, mostly; you were all such amazing people. Hell, I didn't even know most of you guys, aside from a few discussions in threads, but I can definitely say that I don't know half of you half as well as I should like. You were all such a fantastic community, and I will always cherish the many memories that we shared here.

Goodbye HIH. I love you and will miss you, as well as all of the awesome people here. But now it is time to move onto a new home.

We will love you forever HIH.

Old   
hæroicraptor Offline
slYkni is my lover

Send a message via AIM to hæroicraptor
04-06-2011 , 12:31 AM

Oh schlapskie, I just got weepy.

Old   
Ghost Faction Offline
The Ghost with the Most

04-06-2011 , 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORHAL View Post
I really am a modest person
Oh man I wished you had said this earlier so I could make it my signature

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
04-06-2011 , 01:37 AM

Goodbye HIH. I had a lot of good times here. I remember when I came across this place for the first time, shortly after Halo 2 came out, back when there was a drop down list with the map names and you'd choose a map and it'd list the videos. I think I stayed up all night watching every video available, then went looking for more. I never got big into tricking, I enjoyed a little messing around with friends here and there, but I really just preferred seeing what everyone else was doing.

It was HIH that inspired me to start my clan back in Halo 2, Infectionist. I'm sure more than a few of you know about Infectionist.com, the site that I created for Clan Infectionist (no longer a clan), and stubbornly continue to run. Without HIH, I never would have done those things, I wouldn't have learned how to program and do what I do now.

I jumped around quite a bit in my time here, from Graphics to Y&B, to the various Halo forums. I even got banned once, I don't remember why, but I still came back because I just liked this place that much. I will miss HIH and it'll be sad to delete it from my favorites. To think, I registered on April 23, 2006, almost exactly 5 years ago, and I lurked for longer than that on all the previous versions of the site.

Goodbye HIH, this is the way your world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang. (Yes, I deliberately swapped that).

Old   
Brain Virus Offline
Tech Guru

Send a message via MSN to Brain Virus
04-06-2011 , 01:50 AM

Worse birthday present ever..............................

I am glad i check this site tonight. I was going to say something snarky about it being my birthday tomorrow (April 6th) then I saw this. It broke my heart. Although I don't hang around here much since getting married (its great, everyone should try it) this place has been a rock to me. I knew I could always come back here and find friends. I tip my hats the the glitchers that this forum produced and I am glad I could be numbered among them. I joined many many years ago in the beginings of halo2 glitching. It was amazing the things we were doing then. Holograms on burial mounds, convertibility wraiths, exploration on headlong, I am honored that I was around to see them.

Direct shout out to my clan, Orbis Sanctum, Galador, Noff, Shad0wFlame, HSG, Phasmorphage, and many many others. You were my brothers. I will miss you.

Carry on the good fight.

This is me. I am without a face...

I have spent almost 6 years on this website. I don't regret a single one. It was an honor serving you all, and being apart of this community. We have had our ups and downs, but this is the best online group of people I have ever met. Its been a pleasure.

Stay strong.

Finish the Fight

Old   
uberfoop Offline

04-06-2011 , 01:53 AM

As day has worn into night, it is striking me more and more that the site is going into cryo soon. You know how hard it is to read the Phaedo right now? Really froodlenutzskying hard. Silly Philosophy 220.

Anyway, I can't possibly help but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo2FrEeEk View Post
Goodbye HIH, this is the way your world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang. (Yes, I deliberately swapped that).
Pfft. Don't feel so awkward about swapping that up; the Cortana Letters themselves do it spectacularly, and a Halo community should be ecstatic to take advantage of Halo's deepest roots.

The First Cortana Letter (Links to the bungie.org MBO story page):

I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.

Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

Old   
IncrediBill X Offline
Has Fanboys

Send a message via AIM to IncrediBill X
04-06-2011 , 02:45 AM

I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

<3

Adios Amigos.

Old   
Gorillaz2189 Offline
The name's Kanockers.

04-06-2011 , 03:01 AM

'Twas a slice.

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
04-06-2011 , 03:12 AM

There goes my little slice of paradise. What am I going to do without this place.

Well, see you all in hell.

Old   
Sploit Offline

Send a message via AIM to SploitSend a message via MSN to SploitSend a message via Yahoo to Sploit
04-06-2011 , 03:37 AM

Race to the last post!

Old   
LDG Offline

04-06-2011 , 03:57 AM

probably my last post, I wish to use it to say my final goodby to HIH evan though I will be lurking the boat load of earlier posts that I wasn't here for, and I shall also try tomorow as the time zone is different for me it may just make it to the morning, also I cling to the hope that duke will be a tad forgetful and leave the site on for an extra day by accident (not likely I know but I can try)

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

04-06-2011 , 04:12 AM

Copied this from the 'about yourself' thread; felt it applies nicely.

I've spent more hours on this site than I'd like to count, but I do not regret it. By far the best community I've had the honor of being a part of, and HIH will always remain my favorite destination on the internet. It spent nearly 3 years as my homepage (albeit the later end of that circumvented the front page), and was always my first stop during my random browsing sessions. HIH defined my hobby, and brought some of us weird froodlenutzkieers together to share a common goal of pushing a great games to it's limits, and then a bit further.

I met the random group of people that I know as my friends through this website, which would've led to a rather dull internet-experience, had it not happened. It's hard to think of a website as becoming a major part of your life, but without it, I can honestly say that I would not be anything remotely close to the person I am today.

Thank you, HIH, for providing too much to list. (though, I could've done without so many sleepless nights spent perfecting a trick, or the stress of remembering to record a one-time launch after a 15 hour setup)

To HIH, my friends [Gorillaz2189, Melkor, Zophory, SnowJP, Boofass, Kedglo, Mman19, Hell4u3, all the rest of DWT], acquaintances, fellow trickers, and the rest of you that may or may not know me:

Thank you.

Farewell, HIH.

'Til we meet again.

-Anakade

Old   
UnfixedSNIPERJ Offline
P'Zoned!

Send a message via AIM to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via MSN to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via Yahoo to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via Skype™ to UnfixedSNIPERJ
04-06-2011 , 04:18 AM

It's been a little over 5 years sense I found HIH. It has been one enjoyable ride and has changed me a lot. I have met some awesome people on this website and have experienced a lot of good times with all of you. This community has compiled the greatest Halo video collection you can find. Anakade and the rest of the community pretty much sums it up in this thread.

It's been a fun ride, HIH.

-Jake, UnfixedSNIPERJ

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

04-06-2011 , 05:06 AM

I just want to say thanks to Ducain for running such a great site. It's been a lot of fun and I would say most of the other members have summed up how i feel about this. It'll be missed but it was fun while it lasted! Thanks again.

Edit: I want to thank all the forum members who made this site an enjoyable experience. And thanks to the friends I made on the way ; Grumpy, LDG, Xlax, HB and plenty more. Thanks for giving me a second chance for being able to go from the modder everyone detested to being on the front page. Thanks again I'll miss you all.

Last edited by Tricker_against_daodds; 04-06-2011 at 06:22 AM. .

Old   
GunHunter Offline

04-06-2011 , 09:52 AM

So long. Its been a great place for info.

Old   
DevinOlsen Offline

04-06-2011 , 11:02 AM

Wow lots of old faces around here. Good to see everyone out to say goodbye.

Thank you for all of the memories guys, here is to hoping 343i can refresh the series enough and bring back the tricking community.

<3

Old   
Irish_Pirate Offline

04-06-2011 , 11:10 AM

Great times. Goodbye for now all.

Old   
Louis Wu Offline

04-06-2011 , 11:25 AM

I didn't visit here nearly as much as I should have - but I'm sure gonna miss it anyway.

Been a good run!

Tags
we'll miss you hih!