Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
Ryahoe yo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ryahoe yoSend a message via Yahoo to Ryahoe yo
03-18-2011 , 01:03 PM

Awwww This is so sad. I've gotten used to the people on this site, and how it was an everyday routine of mine to check it, I'm going to miss this place. :( But I think we should make a community video..... As Long as we possibly can, EVERYBODY have jumps in it, And from halo 1 - Halo Reach. Just for a farewell of HIH. :)

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

03-18-2011 , 01:10 PM

We still need someone to complete T2T and Two Johnsons! Maybe I'll write something up more fully later, but I will go ahead and say I'm a little sad. I've been here for quite some time, and I'm not ready to part ways.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

03-18-2011 , 01:11 PM

We should most definitely create a final collaboration video. I know that many have failed before, and we have very short notice, but anybody that has any halo related clips should get them to somebody that will edit the whole thing. I know that I am going to start tricking like crazy over the next couple weeks to try to get something worth while finished before the site closes.

Old   
ViviD Offline

03-18-2011 , 01:20 PM

I suspected this day was coming soon. It's unfortunate, but understandable. I'd like to earnestly thank you, Ducain, for creating and maintaining HIH for all these years. I've been visiting HIH since early 2005, and it's been the source of many great memories in the time since then. I've developed several meaningful friendships in my life with people I met here at HIH. I'll miss it.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-18-2011 , 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
We should most definitely create a final collaboration video. I know that many have failed before, and we have very short notice, but anybody that has any halo related clips should get them to somebody that will edit the whole thing. I know that I am going to start tricking like crazy over the next couple weeks to try to get something worth while finished before the site closes.
T2T again?

And Cairo Station cutscene room, along with Grumpy, Xlax, and yes, even Tricker Against Da Odds (3rd time is the charm, is it not?)

And anyone else and everyone else too!

Old   
MadRoX Offline

Send a message via AIM to MadRoXSend a message via MSN to MadRoXSend a message via Skype™ to MadRoX
03-18-2011 , 01:33 PM

As one of the very first registered members when this site opened, like to just drop my thanks, was good times.

[-TLG-]MadRoX in the v1 forums

first registered as Jamie Maddrox on opening day.

Old   
Mr. Sark Offline
Not Frank Fontaine

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Sark
03-18-2011 , 01:35 PM

I just want to thank everyone for making this forum a great place to be. When we close down, I'll have been here for exactly 5 years. I've been visiting nearly every day since I joined, and I've enjoyed my time here, both as a member and a moderator.

Everyone should make sure to add each other on Facebook or elsewhere so we can stay in contact. I'll miss talking to a lot of you guys if we don't.

Old   
ViviD Offline

03-18-2011 , 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRoX View Post
As one of the very first registered members when this site opened, like to just drop my thanks, was good times.

You got one last trick in you?

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-18-2011 , 02:16 PM

This is a sad day... I'll remember my tricking days here fondly. I love all of you, even if it seems like I hated you. :\

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=2210157326

We could use the facebook group for discussions... Or not. But we could. lol

Let us pray to the glitching gods. [/joke only a few on here will understand]

Old   
SlayerX35 Offline
Whudafxup?

Send a message via AIM to SlayerX35Send a message via MSN to SlayerX35Send a message via Skype™ to SlayerX35
03-18-2011 , 02:21 PM

I can't believe I joined this site June 2005. What a crazy amount of time that is. A baby matures enough to attend school in that long. I've went from just leaving middle school to sophomore in college. That's insane for me to think about. But you look around this place and you totally understand how something like that could happen. Some of the best tricks, some of the funnest games, and some of the most intelligent conversations have taken place here. That's all thanks to some of the coolest people I've ever found on the internet. HIH is one of the only websites I have gone to consistently for more than like 2 years, let alone almost 6.

Thanks for providing me with funny sensors to my words, that I use from time to time outside of this forum. Thanks to all the members for making this such an awesome place to go every day. I've laughed, learned, and connected with many people, and its been a fantastic experience. Even after I've almost stopped playing halo all together this place is an internet home. Thanks to all the Administrators and Moderators for putting up with and deleting schlapskie to make room for the amazing threads over all these years. Lastly, Thanks Ducain, for providing a platform and being so awesome for 7 years to make all of that possible.

Old   
CaptainCrunch41 Offline

03-18-2011 , 02:24 PM

Seriously the best website ever. I love it. I don't want it to go. Been coming here since 06 and it literally has changed me. From the people I've met to the techy things I've learned. It's a habit of me to open HIH with Facebook everyday. This has to be a joke.

I'm like not even coherent right now.

Old   
xskarface Offline
See ya laser ;)

Send a message via MSN to xskarface
03-18-2011 , 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX35 View Post
I can't believe I joined this site June 2005. What a crazy amount of time that is. A baby matures enough to attend school in that long. I've went from just leaving middle school to sophomore in college. That's insane for me to think about. But you look around this place and you totally understand how something like that could happen. Some of the best tricks, some of the funnest games, and some of the most intelligent conversations have taken place here. That's all thanks to some of the coolest people I've ever found on the internet. HIH is one of the only websites I have gone to consistently for more than like 2 years, let alone almost 6.

Thanks for providing me with funny sensors to my words, that I use from time to time outside of this forum. Thanks to all the members for making this such an awesome place to go every day. I've laughed, learned, and connected with many people, and its been a fantastic experience. Even after I've almost stopped playing halo all together this place is an internet home. Thanks to all the Administrators and Moderators for putting up with and deleting schlapskie to make room for the amazing threads over all these years. Lastly, Thanks Ducain, for providing a platform and being so awesome for 7 years to make all of that possible.
I seriously don't think anybody could put it better then this. I check HIH as often as I check my facebook. I was never really known around here for much, but I was always looking around, and reading nearly all the new threads. I've learned tons, I've looked at situations differently, and I've definitely matured, all because of this site. Thank you to everyone here for such a great few years of knowledge and humor. I really wish I could have got to know some of you better, because I know for a fact that I would have made some kick-ass friends.

Old   
Vulcan Offline
Playing Hat Fortress 2

Send a message via AIM to Vulcan
03-18-2011 , 03:00 PM

Well that sucks.
oh well, I suppose.
I didn't really come here for the Halo anymore anyway.

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

03-18-2011 , 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
This sounds like a good idea, if this actually gets started i'm down to add some clips.

Also this really sucks but i understand the need to do what you're doing ducain. It was some fun times and I got used to checking this site almost every day. Plus the people were rather nice for giving me a second chance even if I did mess with you guys before lol. Anyway I'll miss this place a lot.

Old   
UnfixedSNIPERJ Offline
P'Zoned!

Send a message via AIM to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via MSN to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via Yahoo to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via Skype™ to UnfixedSNIPERJ
03-18-2011 , 03:07 PM

Damn, its like Duke is kicking me out of my home. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!

#HIH wont be locked, so you people need to get in there and idle with us :D.

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-18-2011 , 03:19 PM

I feel like a really good friend just died or something.

I cannot even fully express my true feelings of sadness with words.

:(

I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

03-18-2011 , 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfixedSNIPERJ View Post
#HIH wont be locked, so you people need to get in there and idle with us :D.
This is something I can get behind!

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
~coach~ Offline

03-18-2011 , 03:46 PM

Just looked back into v2, feels weird to say I've been visiting here for 6 years... kinda gives me a sinking feeling in my heart to know that it is going to be gone, but being around for all of the amazing tricks and glitches and discoveries is a memory I'm going to have forever. Halo was one of my first FPS', and this was my first forum. Thanks for all these years Duke, and thanks for all the memories community.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-18-2011 , 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~coach~ View Post
Just looked back into v2, feels weird to say I've been visiting here for 6 years... kinda gives me a sinking feeling in my heart to know that it is going to be gone, but being around for all of the amazing tricks and glitches and discoveries is a memory I'm going to have forever. Halo was one of my first FPS', and this was my first forum. Thanks for all these years Duke, and thanks for all the memories community.
I need a like button for the posts in this thread.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-18-2011 , 04:04 PM

In late March of 2005 I typed in a search word and what popped up changed my life, changed my grandson’s life and it was all for the better. I thought ‘wtf’ is ‘tricking’ so I clicked on HIH. There was like this explosion in my head!

First vid I saw was dantheman87 and his start of the OS Scarab gun quest.

Second vid was Dark Helmet swordflying up to the Metropolis Scarab gun.

Third vid was Ms Man showing how to falltime.

I was astonished, it was like I found something I always wanted to do but didn’t know about it. Like arriving home to a place you’ve never been before. Not only that but the people were friendly and extremely helpful.

Kratos and I turned off the Playstation and turned on the xbox full time. That summer was awesome, we ate and drank Halo 2 and HIH was on 24 hrs. The posting, PM’s galore (we could fill up the messages in one day). Everyday 3 or 4 vids were submitted and we all looked to see if KORHAL approved/legitimized each vid. Then later we all wanted to see what princeofthesword had to say. The perfect match for moderators was KORHAL and POTS, completely different souls but they meshed like gears in a perfect engine called HIH.

Kratos and I watched the front page and poured over every vid in the fold-down list of trickers, knowing we could never be as good as our idols. Then, low and behold we made front page and I literally cried like a baby I was so happy. The FP was fine but that is not what made me happy. I realized that the way tricking taxed our brains was a positive thing. We spent hours discussing strategy and using logic to sort out what was possible, it was much more than just playing a game. Kratos and I became closer and, by going through hell to make a trick work, truly came to understand each other that lasts to this day.

The people I will miss dearly already know so I won't list names. There are several people that I hope will post here one last time and they also know.

I’m glad I clicked on HIH that day.

Tags
we'll miss you hih!