Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
Bob NLD Offline

03-18-2011 , 04:09 PM

*sadface*

I've visited this site since the release of halo 2 at leas once a day. What should I do with all my spare time now?:O

I would like to say thank you to everyone here at HIH: Ducain, mods, admins, monitors and don't forget all the awesome people I met here!! Thanks for some awesome years!

Love, Bob

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-18-2011 , 04:20 PM

Wow. This really took me by surprise. Definitely a very sad day.

I've been with this site for just a little over 6 years(didn't even realize that mark had hit 4 days ago). It's become one of my regular places to go every day and has become like a virtual home. It is the reason I got in to Halo and is the very reason I got into tricking. I loved coming here and showing off my stuff and seeing all the good, and yes even the bad, comments that it got. It gave me a great feeling that pushed me to do more. Even more so, I loved coming here and seeing what the community was doing. The things I've seen done with a video game have just been unbelievable. The talent that lies within these forums is just amazing!

It is also another place I loved showing off my graphic design and photomanipulation work. I joined a couple graphics boards over the years but there was just something about HIH's sub-forum that I loved to post my work at. It even allowed me to help contribute to the site by creating some icons for the board(these are what I created that you now see in use: http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...63&postcount=6). It is a big honor to have these be used on such a great site and I'm glad they'll be frozen in time with the rest of this amazing site!

Honestly, I don't know how different my life would be without this forum. It has had a hand in shaping my life and by that I do mean my real life. The things I have seen here and posted here have allowed me to meet people and do things I never would have been able to without this site. For example, after I posted one of Jumps United's(my former gaming clan I co-started as a Halo 2 clan) videos here, a guy, whom you all know as I Neo I, sent me a friend request on XBL after seeing it on this site. He soon joined our clan, we played together all the time, and I went on to meet him in real life, after he told me about an awesome college. I soon went to visit it with him. I eventually went on to graduate from there and had some of the best experiences there. So, because of HIH I got a great friend and found out about what was the best school I have ever went to. The list of things HIH has done to change my life is a long and extensive one. I'll share some more over the coming days!

Ducain: I really want to thank you for making this site. You have had a big impact on not only my life, but that of many others and the Halo community. You know a site has became a great site when Bungie puts your site in the credits of Halo 3. I'm sure you and all the members of this were filled with joy when we saw our beloved site pop up in the credits. HIH will be missed but not forgotten.

I want to also thank the staff and members of this site for making HIH what it is today. Without you, we never could have come this far. Hopefully we can all find a new home on the net somewhere but until then lets make these last days memorable ones!

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-18-2011 , 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Artist View Post
Wow. This really took me by surprise. Definitely a very sad day.

I've been with this site for just a little over 6 years(didn't even realize that mark had hit 4 days ago). It's become one of my regular places to go every day and has become like a virtual home. It is the reason I got in to Halo and is the very reason I got into tricking. I loved coming here and showing off my stuff and seeing all the good, and yes even the bad, comments that it got. It gave me a great feeling that pushed me to do more. Even more so, I loved coming here and seeing what the community was doing. The things I've seen done with a video game have just been unbelievable. The talent that lies within these forums is just amazing!

It is also another place I loved showing off my graphic design and photomanipulation work. I joined a couple graphics boards over the years but there was just something about HIH's sub-forum that I loved to post my work at. It even allowed me to help contribute to the site by creating some icons for the board(these are what I created that you now see in use: http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/...63&postcount=6). It is a big honor to have these be used on such a great site and I'm glad they'll be frozen in time with the rest of this amazing site!

Honestly, I don't know how different my life would be without this forum. It has had a hand in shaping my life and by that I do mean my real life. The things I have seen here and posted here have allowed me to meet people and do things I never would have been able to without this site. For example, after I posted one of Jumps United's(my former gaming clan I co-started as a Halo 2 clan) videos here, a guy, whom you all know as I Neo I, sent me a friend request on XBL after seeing it on this site. He soon joined our clan, we played together all the time, and I went on to meet him in real life, after he told me about an awesome college. I soon went to visit it with him. I eventually went on to graduate from there and had some of the best experiences there. So, because of HIH I got a great friend and found out about what was the best school I have ever went to. The list of things HIH has done to change my life is a long and extensive one. I'll share some more over the coming days!

Ducain: I really want to thank you for making this site. You have had a big impact on not only my life, but that of many others and the Halo community. You know a site has became a great site when Bungie puts your site in the credits of Halo 3. I'm sure you and all the members of this were filled with joy when we saw our beloved site pop up in the credits. HIH will be missed but not forgotten.

I want to also thank the staff and members of this site for making HIH what it is today. Without you, we never could have come this far. Hopefully we can all find a new home on the net somewhere but until then lets make these last days memorable ones!
How odd that I've never known all this time that those icons were made by you. Very cool.

And ya, the Halo 3 credits. Never expected that actually. I was in FL when Halo 3 was released, on vacation with my extended family. My sister and I drove to Wal-Mart and purchased the game, and I finally finished the campaign around 3 AM. I was sitting on the couch in the hotel leafing through the stuff that came with the game and saw it. My jaw dropped. What made it even weirder was that there was no one awake to even say, 'Look at this!'.

Very cool of Bungie to do that.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
Cody Miller Offline
Welcome to Cody

03-18-2011 , 04:40 PM

What's this going to mean for the High Speed Halo forum? Will it be put into stasis as well? I am glad everything here will be archived somewhere. There's too much good stuff to let it vanish. thanks again.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-18-2011 , 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Miller View Post
What's this going to mean for the High Speed Halo forum? Will it be put into stasis as well? I am glad everything here will be archived somewhere. There's too much good stuff to let it vanish. thanks again.
Yes, but I've worked with NoKYARD since the very first day of planning this, to make sure HSH was taken care of.

Old   
Lastspartan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lastspartan
03-18-2011 , 04:43 PM

:( as they say all good things must come to an end

Old   
then3wguy Offline

03-18-2011 , 04:44 PM

I don't have words. Despite getting banned from here countless times back in the day, I've always had to come back. And what's funny, is the community still always accepted me here despite my permanent ban status. Everyone here has been amazing, and this site was truly life changing for me. But all good things come to an end. I'm sad to see it go, but I thank you for every bit of it Duke.

Old   
Skulk Offline

03-18-2011 , 04:44 PM

*tears* This site has changed me for the better. Almost everything about my life right now I can say has been affected by this site. From school, to golf, to editing. I can't believe it is so close to being gone. Never thought I'de be around for the day. I love change though, so maybe this will turn out alright and I won't lose touch with anyone.

@the TJfags- Wat'r we gunna do without Social groups!!!????!!

Old   
00Svo Offline
2 Icecreams!

Send a message via AIM to 00SvoSend a message via MSN to 00Svo
03-18-2011 , 04:46 PM

i never really posted a lot here but i visited often. buncha cool people. too bad its about to all end.

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-18-2011 , 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulk View Post
@the TJfags- Wat'r we gunna do without Social groups!!!????!!
Don't worry...

ASP

Old   
Gary UK Offline
Father

Send a message via AIM to Gary UK
03-18-2011 , 05:07 PM

HIH has always been the first site I visit when I come home from work and I continually check it throughout the evening. Knowing that I won't be able to do that anymore brings a tear to my eye. I've meet so many incredibly talented people here who have taught me so much about Halo in ways Bungie never intended.
I very rarely ventured out of the Trick Jumping section, and looking back I wish I had. Reading everyones farewell messages from people I've never heard of made me realize there was so much more to HIH then just Trick Jumping. I wish I had got to of known more of you.

Old   
laser Offline

03-18-2011 , 05:11 PM

Sigh...

Well, these things happen. :|

EDIT BY DUKE: Let's remove the commentary of what members think should or should not have happened here, or we'll never have a positive experience.

Been here on & off since November 2004, just before the V1/V2 turnover. Came here for the Halo 2 skull discussion on the recommendation of someone from the Bungie.net forums (I carried over my username from there), stayed for the totally crazy off-topic section. Only banned one time for contributing to a spam thread.

Best part of this place: The moderators aren't like policemen. They're just like you & me, but with a little more responsibility. I've NEVER been to any other forum with such an awesome attitude...

Second best aspect: Boundless creativity. On the tricking side, it's a wonder y'all aren't members of Bungie's testing squad. On the off-topic side, wonderful technical advice and enchanting graphic design.

Many good posters left in recent times, but those who stuck around kept me coming back time & time again...

I never contributed anything of note besides a failed petition and some long music lists, as tricking turned out to be much too time consuming. But I still had tons of fun. even though I couldn't be with the heart of the community.

I MUST give thanks to my favorite members...

#1 - princeofthesword

He liked everybody, and everybody liked him. I hope he isn't suffering too much.

#2 - Tspoonami

Closest to my own personality - attracted to the arcane & addicted to fun!

#3 - DollarPwnCenter

This guy made the best entrance to the tricking scene EVAR: Launching to the top of the AotCR pinnacle!!!

#4 - Daleks United

Best tech support, period!

#5 - Frogblast

'Nuff said.

#6 - Ducain

One of the coolest site admins in the whole history of the web, and his tricks ain't bad either!

#7 (cool number!) - KORHAL

Pure, unadulterated ***COOLNESS***.

I wasn't here for the start, but I'll be here at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG7OzvSMBA

Last edited by laser; 03-18-2011 at 07:09 PM. . Reason: Better readability without cruelty, x2.

Old   
IncrediBill X Offline
Has Fanboys

Send a message via AIM to IncrediBill X
03-18-2011 , 05:40 PM

This is indeed a sad day for us all. I've been consistently browsing HIH for nearly 6 years. I've spent too much time here and met some cool folks along the way.

Adios Amigos. ;)

Old   
uberfoop Offline

03-18-2011 , 05:45 PM

I got up at 8:40 this morning, and went to try and eat a bagel without drinking very much, just to put a little food into my system without bogging me down, but I didn't make it very far into it before stopping. I felt quite tense. And for good reason; at 10:00 my DiffEq final began, and it was quite possibly the most difficult academic test I have ever taken. After the test, I ate a small lunch to recover, got a few school odds and ends sorted out, and started packing to head home for break. After a while, I got on my computer to flip through the websites that I normally visit, and I come here.

I'm quite exhausted right now, such that I'm not really sure what to think. I guess what's on the top of my head, if anything coherent, is "well, what happens now?" This is a, umm, substantial day for me, I suppose.

Glad to hear you're getting archiving and long-term reliable hosting all worked out.

//=====

I came here in mid to late 2005 and registered on the v2 forums that december. I didn't exactly contribute a great deal (Back then, I was also in a stage of online-idiocy), but I was actively viewing what was going on.

This website was something else back then. Funny to think that the summer of 2006, with the development of Trinity (and T3T Revisited, which wound up taking until late 2007 to finish) and the era of all those massive variety videos was half a decade ago. Through 2008 and especially 2009, I was pretty inactive at HIH, unfortunately; looking back I wish I had been here more often.

Let's make the next few weeks awesome, and then I guess I'll find out what the future of my Haloing and website viewing holds.

//=====

P.S. Once again, I love how you called it "going into cryo", and that you've got it worked out so that that may not be a particularly inaccurate statement; gotta love archival stability.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-18-2011 , 06:04 PM

Duke, will you unban everyone for the last few days or so? Lol!

Or someone contact POTS and have him post some incredibly epic post here again. Or two. Or three. Or...

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-18-2011 , 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
Duke, will you unban everyone for the last few days or so? Lol!

Or someone contact POTS and have him post some incredibly epic post here again. Or two. Or three. Or...
1. Um...no. :-)

2. I actually sent POTS (and a few others) an email this morning. Don't know if he'll get it.

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-18-2011 , 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
2. I actually sent POTS (and a few others) an email this morning. Don't know if he'll get it.
I hope POTS posts here. His posts were always insightful, interesting, and VERY long but it was a great read every time!

Old   
T3h Boar Offline

03-18-2011 , 06:42 PM

Word to your mothers. PEACE!

Old   
iiN1V3Kii Offline

Send a message via AIM to iiN1V3KiiSend a message via MSN to iiN1V3Kii
03-18-2011 , 06:48 PM

Halo 3 credits!

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...