Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

03-18-2011 , 08:21 PM

I don't really know what to say. I lurked for a couple years before making an account, and never posted in v1 or v2 because of it, but I can say for sure that this site got me into tricking, and kept my love for Halo alive in a way I didn't even know about. Even if I never contributed much, just learning from the people here made it worthwhile. I was incredibly happy for everyone here when I saw the H3 credits.

It's a bitter-sweet feeling that it will be frozen. On one hand, a site I have checked every day for the past 6 years will not have anyone talking, or be able to be talked to, but on the other hand I can have time to re-look at all the amazing things this community did.

Thank you Duncain, for this wonderful site.

Old   
T3h Boar Offline

03-18-2011 , 08:30 PM

Tank you duncan for this wonderful site

Old   
PsH Bling Offline
froodlenutzkieing image

Send a message via AIM to PsH BlingSend a message via MSN to PsH BlingSend a message via Yahoo to PsH Bling
03-18-2011 , 08:32 PM

..Spartans never die Jorge, neither does HIH.

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

03-18-2011 , 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
1. Um...no. :-)

2. I actually sent POTS (and a few others) an email this morning. Don't know if he'll get it.
Then will you atleast unban my original account? :D

http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/member.php?u=136

Please

Old   
Fuzzy Window Offline
Hardcore Parkour!

Send a message via MSN to Fuzzy Window
03-18-2011 , 08:48 PM

schlapskie... I've been checking this site daily for a while now , since 2005.... I knew a lot of people left but still, this sucks. But I respect the decision.

This is actually the only forum I am a member of...might have to start looking for something else...maybe even not video game related. schlapskie time flies

Old   
Wicked Offline
is awesome

03-18-2011 , 09:08 PM

<3

HIH was awesome to me. I found an interest in modding, then programming and system administration, which led me to what I'm doing now days, and what I plan to do for the rest of my life. I don't know if I would have ever discovered the passion that I have for my job if it weren't for HIH and everyone included.

Always available via private message, let me know what's up.

Contacting The Ogre will contact all staff members, use that to get all of our attention quickly.

Old   
Rockslider Offline

03-18-2011 , 09:20 PM

Dagnabbit, I only just joined the place! I want my money back! Oh hold on, it was free. I knew there was a reason I joined. Seriously though, sorry to see it close, especially as I'm personally still fooling about with H1 far more than is medically advisable. I'm glad the content will still be viewable though, including all ye olde searchable archives which have been quite useful to me and which I'm sure I'll want to delve into again in future. Thanks to all concerned for keeping the place going all this while - and to Louis for providing a nice shiny cryo-tube in which to preserve it.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
03-18-2011 , 09:23 PM

froodlenutzkieing damn it. :(

Old   
then3wguy Offline

03-18-2011 , 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
<3

HIH was awesome to me. I found an interest in modding, then programming and system administration, which led me to what I'm doing now days, and what I plan to do for the rest of my life. I don't know if I would have ever discovered the passion that I have for my job if it weren't for HIH and everyone included.

QFT

I found my interest in photography and graphic design by extension of this website. If it weren't for highimpacthalo, I probably would be an entirely different person.

Old   
Dark Helmet Offline
JumpMaster

03-18-2011 , 10:39 PM

Its a sad day for sure.
Halo was the reason I even bought my first PC back in '02. I wanted to play online against other people and the only was was through tunneling software. Without Halo, I may have not gotten a PC for a few more years. I was an old fashioned dude that didnt need one of those fancy electronic boxes...
Then I saw RG's video and the rest was history.
Then Duke made this place and suddenly I was surrounded by like-minded people. I have to say that without this place I may have not been motivated to do some of the things I did.
This is a great community and even though I dont frequent it much anymore, it will be missed.
Thanks for making this place and for being one of my long time "online friends".

Thanks Dude...

Old   
harrybob22 Offline

03-18-2011 , 10:39 PM

Oh man, I've been here for quite a while on another harrybob, wound up forgetting the password to that one. HIH has been a huge part of my daily routine for as long as I can remember and as people on here have said I check it almost as much as my facebook. It really has been quite an amazing community and I will never forget the times I have had on here and some of the threads I have read as well as problems HIH has helped me through. Were there an HIH movie, this is the part where I cried

So sad

Old   
UnfixedSNIPERJ Offline
P'Zoned!

Send a message via AIM to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via MSN to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via Yahoo to UnfixedSNIPERJSend a message via Skype™ to UnfixedSNIPERJ
03-18-2011 , 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
<3

QFT

/10charcanwepleaseremovethisforthefi nalmoments?

Old   
Muzza Offline

03-19-2011 , 12:19 AM

I know I have not been here for as long as most of you but I have come to love this site greatly.

I still remember the day in which I joined, I was looking around for a nice community to join where I could actually achieve something with. I found High Impact Halo and started lurking the forums a bit, occasionally making a post (most of the time embarrassing myself). It wasn't until I joined a random Xbox live party with another member in it that I actually started becoming active. This member introduced me to some other members here, who then invited me to join their tricking/glitching clan. A couple of months after I joined we put out our first Halo video Gravity = Drag which got featured on the Bungie.net front-page, which is something that I had dreamed of doing for a while.

To this day HIH is still helping me become who I am, thanks to this site and its members I have become more understanding of other people. I have learnt and experienced stuff that other people my age haven't and for some never will. The HIH community has also taught me some great skills and has increased my knowledge on certain matters that I would otherwise never have known. HIH has also been there to listen when others have not, it has guided me through times that have been hard on me and not asked for anything in return. For me HIH has become part of my way of life well up there with my family.

It was sad to see this but I knew for a while now that this was going to happen.

RIP, High Impact Halo you will be greatly missed.

I made a HIH friends list gamertag if anyone wants to add it.
GT: HIH FL

Old   
Tech Artist Offline
Goodbye HIH! <3

Send a message via AIM to Tech ArtistSend a message via MSN to Tech Artist
03-19-2011 , 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Window View Post
This is actually the only forum I am a member of
I have been a member of a some forums over the years but this is the only one I've gone to on a daily basis. I used to be a regular at a weather site but eventually it just got really slow and nothing new was happening and recently it closed, sadly. I do occasionally post on the Bungie forums but even that is just few and far in between. This was my regular place to go and post. I'm not gonna have any place to share things I find, at least in great detail, or be able to comment on other people's findings or discussions. I mean sure I have Facebook and Twitter but I really don't get much comments or great discussions like I did here. The internet is gonna get a lot more boring when this site goes.

Old   
SPNKr Matt Offline

Send a message via AIM to SPNKr MattSend a message via MSN to SPNKr Matt
Wow... - 03-19-2011 , 12:30 AM

See, this is the exact reason why I left while I could. I didn't want to see this, but I'm so attached to this place I STILL check it everyday.... :(

You guys are so amazing, every single one of you. In one way or another, each and every one of you have inspired me in some shape or form. I love you all with all of my heart, I don't know what I'm going to do. I feel like I'm losing my best friends.

I came to this place in v1, mainly looking because I heard about Hog Launching. I thought it was awesome. Then here comes a man, who till this day is my hero, MrJukes. His videos inspired me, so I joined. Then I started to see this place just escalate and I saw how much fun people had doing tricks and glitches. So, I bought a Dazzle 90, then I started jumping.

Flames69, with his clan Hops gave me my break. CRAZZY MISFIT and I were featured in the video and we got to show off our stuff, (along with Flames duh) lol. I made great friends with them and I saw how awesome it was. So I bounced to so many clans and started glitching. That's how I made all of my friends today. It also inspired me to do video editting and photoshop. Now I've majored in those fields, all because of this wonderful place.

Now it's coming to an end. Duke, you have created your Mona Lisa. There is no words to describe how I feel about this place going away. All I can say is, Thank you Duke. You're a great man, and I hope nothing but the best for you from here. You can at least close this forum, KNOWING that you have accomplished something great.

Good bye HIH, see you when you're ready to save the world again.

<3 SPNKr Matt (March '06) aka Jumper Matt (December '04)

Old   
TeamAmerica1 Offline
Music and more music.

Send a message via AIM to TeamAmerica1Send a message via MSN to TeamAmerica1Send a message via Skype™ to TeamAmerica1
03-19-2011 , 12:34 AM

Wow...this is kind of sudden...I knew it was probably going to happen sooner or later, but I expected later...

A huge shoutout and thanks to far too many people to begin naming for countless nights of trickery and schenanigans. I've been coming on here for years, and it's going to feel weird not coming to HIH anymore.

I have wondered why you would not simply choose to pass ownership on to someone who has the means and drive to keep the site up....however, I realize that a procedure such as that would probably be much more complicated than I can imagine. After all, HIH is your baby, Duke. We all pitched in, sure, but she's yours in the end.

I do sincerely hope at least one old-timer starts up a new discussion board of some sort...it won't come near the legacy that was, is, and forever will be HIH, but it would at least serve to keep HIH's tricking community somewhat together. I know I will continue to post Reach tricking videos on Youtube as I see fit, and a link to HIH will never be forgotten.

For those still looking to maintain contact with members, my XBL GT is Ridankul0us, my AIM is T3amAm3rica1, my email is MrCybin@yahoo.com.

You guys have been awesome, and while I know I will be maintaining contact with a generous number of old-time HIHers, I'd like to maintain contact with as many as possible. I know those of us who were here for the prime of HIH (Halo 2) will never forget the times we shared. Good luck to everyone in all walks of life, and don't ever forget the years we shared, united as trickers. (/epic voice)

I usually don't sign posts, but for some reason it seems prudent.

-TeamAmerica1

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
03-19-2011 , 12:45 AM

It saddens me to see the end of HIH.

Sort of like everyone else, I was brought after watching some crazy clips of launches and glitches, and ever since I join High Impact Halo, I've been hooked since. First I met Princeofthesword, then Shad0wFlame, and SlYnKI and Protonish. Since then, I slowly caught on and began to meet more and more of you.

It's been almost an honor to have been apart of this and with everyone here. HIH has definitely left it's mark in the Halo world, and it's something to be proud of. Like TeamAmerica said, I figured this would happen sooner or later, but not exactly now. Duke, you've really got something to be proud of, and I really hope that one day, maybe just one day, HIH will be opened again.

If anyone cares, my Skype is TehCookieNinja and you can find me on Facebook through the HIH group.

It's really been a pleasure to have been apart of this.

<3 HIH

- ODST Unit Leader / ODST -

Old   
ExtremeYoshiFan Offline

03-19-2011 , 12:48 AM

Well, I've been a lurked for around 3 years now. Finally got up and joined this year. I really enjoyed this place, and I will miss it. It was a good run. 7 Years seems too few. Even if this place is sort of dead, it will still be upsetting to stop coming when I first open firefox. Any hope on reactivating the place, or is it done for good? And as many else have, I will sign this thread.

-ExtremeYoshiFan

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-19-2011 , 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
Then will you atleast unban my original account? :D

http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/member.php?u=136

Please
Wait... What? I thought...

So they're the same people??

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
03-19-2011 , 01:10 AM

.....I don't know what to say. I thought I was going to open the site today to check Y&B for the usual discussions only to find this on the front page. I'm still recovering from the initial shock. I guess I knew this was coming but just wanted to ignore it because I was enjoying myself so much on the forum. Wow, its incredible how it all just comes back to you at moments like these. A week ago I probably couldn't have told you about when I signed up for HIH but now its clear as a bell.

I remember when I first figured out what halo was and then a few weeks later the tricks people were pulling off in H2. I remember asking myself "who's this HIH group that keeps doing all these?" I remember finding the site and lurking the threads just being in awe of it all, the conversations, the tricks, the rivalrys, the friendships. I was blown away and all I remember saying was "Wow." I remember signing up and then...nothing I forgot about it as impossible as it seems. Completely forgot about tricking and halo. I remember posting something on the HBO forums around a year later and receiving one or two crude comments. (Not sayin gthe community is bad that was just the experience I had). Around then was when I rediscovered HIH and was blown away once more by you guys. The Community. Ever since I've been lurking and posting when I felt I could contribute even in a small way. Its been a satisfying two years and my only regret is not being born sooner so I could've had the amazing time you all did, but then again I still had a great time on this forum. I'm sad to see something so great go into "cryo" but rest assured the day it comes out I will be there to welcome it back with a smile and open arms and be part of the community that has become part of my life. I think what I enjoyed most was the acceptance for almost everyone, provided you weren't a troll, as well as the intellectual theories and debates. Its so hard to find that on the internet especially in such bulk.

I don't know if you'll remember me but I'll remember you, all of you, Thanks HIH for everything.

Tags
we'll miss you hih!