Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Yap and Blabber
Yap and Blabber Non-Halo, non-gaming discussion topics are welcome here. Beware of the ogre.
Notices

Old   
xskarface Offline
See ya laser ;)

Send a message via MSN to xskarface
About Me + Final Goodbyes + Contact Info Thread - 03-22-2011 , 04:05 PM

As most of you know, HIH will be closing it's doors on April 6th 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
On April 6 2004, a tiny speck of a website was launched to show off some Halo trick videos - pretty much a little boat floating in the ocean of HBO. Soon after, a phpBB forum followed, with a handful of people signing up who just loved to hang out and chat about Halo 1 trickery.

Then came Halo 2 - the explosive growth in traffic, great new community members, excellent Halo trickery, and plenty of madness. Then Halo 3, and...

Most of you know the rest of the story, and so here we are. However, this year on April 6 - exactly 7 years to the day since HIH began - we're heading into cryo. It's been a long and amazing trip, but it's time that HighImpactHalo draws to a close.

The decision has been in the works for some time, and is ultimately made by me, but with the counsel of the HIH admin team - and it's a good decision. Many won't like it, but it's time. In web years, our site is like 487 years old or something like that.

The good thing is that we're not just 'shutting down' - we're going into cryo, following in the footsteps of a certain Halo character we kinda like. HIH, complete and entire, will be frozen on April 6, and will be locked but viewable, including all the content. Forum posts, archive forums, all of our huge HIH Trick Video Archives - everything will remain available as a testament to all the great people who have spent time here and contributed their talent to the Halo community.

-Duke
For this reason, I give you the About Me + Final Goodbyes + Contact Info thread. The purpose of this thread is to tell everyone who you are, and what you contributed to the amazing place that is HIH as well as send your goodbyes and farewells and even leave some contact info to keep in touch with other members.

Shad0wFlame and Tech Artist have come up with a wonderful idea which is to try and beat the current record of most users online in a single day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Artist View Post
What we want to do is have everyone we can get sign on to the HIH forums on April 5th at least once. We want to break that record on that day and have all of our names at the bottom of the board forever. Think of it like signing your name to the site and have it be frozen in time.
The signing your name part can be done in this thread if you wish, because it allows you to say goodbye, and tell everyone what made this site so special for you personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I know a lot of us gave ourselves an introduction when we joined, but I'd easily say everyone here has changed quite a bit since joining, so an about me could be frozen in time too
I think this is a great idea, so I will be posting a clean and clear layout for you guys to fill out. Come on guys, don't disappoint. Lets send this site off with a bang!

Layout

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

2. How did you find High Impact Halo, and when?

3. What is it that kept you coming back to this site?

4. What's your favorite part of the Halo series? What about your least favorite?

5. If anything, what would you like to be remembered for on this site?

6. Can you give us some contact info in case anyone would like to get a hold of you? (Facebook,Myspace,Twitter,E-Mail Adresses etc.)

7. Your final goodbye to HIH and it's members.

Old   
xskarface Offline
See ya laser ;)

Send a message via MSN to xskarface
03-22-2011 , 04:06 PM

My real name is Nick Pereira, and I'll be 19 years old on April 2nd. I love to mix and master music, and I would love to get a job as an audio engineer.

I found HIH just after Halo 2 was released. A close friend of mine (got me into the series) had asked me if I had found the skull on the top of outskirts. (Blind skull I believe) I had no idea what he was talking about, so I quickly googled it. After a bunch of crappy tutorials and such, I found HIH which had a nice clean explanation of all the skulls, with tutorial videos. I was in heaven. I thought, "Nice! Now I can brag that I know where ALL of the skulls are." Turns out I gave up trying to get all of them after I had such a hard time with GBP. Anyways, I lurked for a while thinking I would never need to make an account, because I had no reason too, until I decided that the only way I was going to get better at this game, was to get tips from people who run a site dedicated to it.

The fact that everything that was done here almost always had a video tutorial kept me coming back for the first little bit. I knew that if it was on this site, I would be able to SEE it being done, instead of following a text tut. Once I made an account though, I realized that there were a ton of cool people here, who had many of the same interests. That combined with a separate forum for almost anything I could imagine kept me around for so long. It was also the fact that everyone here was so kind. Half of my threads were so pointless that I'm embarrassed for making them, yet nine times out of ten, people still responded so nicely. The only thing I regret was not posting as much. I realize now that I could have made some really close friends if I had.

4. What's your favorite part of the Halo series? What about your least favorite?
My favorite part was that there was so much to do in the game, other then actually playing the game. There was tricks, speedrunning, jumping,bouncing, and tons more. Not to mention that the community for this series is something you just don't see with many games anymore. I don't think I have a least favorite part about the series to be honest.

To be honest, I didn't really post much on here and that makes me kind of upset. Like I said earlier, I know I could have made some awesome friends if I had been a little more talkative on here. Therefor the only thing to really be remembered for on this site would be the guy who made the goodbye thread lol. I never really did anything spectacular, but I did love this site just as much as the next member.

6. Can you give us some contact info in case anyone would like to get a hold of you? (Facebook,Myspace,Twitter,E-Mail Adresses etc.)
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=511759069
lil--scarface@hotmail.com
Those are the only two things I use really.

It's sad to see the end of such a wonderful site. Through the highs and lows, it's insane to see that this site has come such a long way. From Putfile and Mythica all the way to the old ad free youtube, and even to the newer Vevo infested Youtube. This site has grown in many ways, and I must say I have grown in many ways because of this site. I've learned so much from everybody here, and it really has changed the way I live my life. I respect things that I know nothing about, or that are different from what I'm used to a lot more then I used to. I'm also way more mature then I would have been, if I did not stick around this site for so long and for that I thank you. Thank you to all the members who were never rude when I posted something stupid. To all the members who spent hours upon hours perfecting that one launch, for our entertainment. For the members that made graphics and music, some of which is even on my desktop/iPod. And finally, for Ducain, for making the best internet hangout, that I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. My hat goes off to you good sir.

<3 HIH

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

03-22-2011 , 05:32 PM

I'll be going through this slowly, and expanding/adding as my minimal amount of free time becomes available.

I'm Anakade, creator of DWT Productions, and GlitchGaming.org

I hit the site sometime during the V2 forums, while looking for info on H2 Skulls. Ran across it again at some point in early '06, when I found a H2 MP Launching video. Lurked until shortly after Epidemic, then registered and started posting.

The content. I could say all of it, but that'd be a lie. The reason for my constant interest for the majority of my time was Halo 2 MP. I would occasionally glance at H2 CMP, (and I was also a fan of the Bouncing vids), but I never really acknowledged the H1, jumping, or Y&B until things started dying down a bit for me around mid-H3. Always returned to see the newest find, or new launching video to take a vehicle to new heights, but in the end, I just liked to have a familiar place to visit occasionally.

Favorite? Tricking, definitely. There's always something interesting or insane to try once you've grown bored of the standard 'shoot at each other' scenario.

Least favorite would have to be the lack of tricking-depth in the later iterations of the series. In Halo 2, you could set up a checkpoint with a warthog and a few grenades, and just launch...for hours. Just to see what you could do, where you could go. When you were done with that, you could just go bounce around. That ability to just lose yourself in mindless experimentation seemed to dwindle as the series progressed; not to say that there isn't fun/interesting things in other games, it just felt as though the scale of it all wasn't there anymore.

Spreading cheer and joy throughout the site with my infectiously perky attitude.

I don't know. Would anyone care to remember me at all? Maybe, maybe not. The fact is that everyone has their own opinion, and in most cases, a bad impression will usually outshine a good one. Some people are bound to remember me as an arsonskie for something I said at some point, while others may just know me as 'That guy that still posts tricking videos'.

I would hope that some would remember me simply as 'Someone with an odd hobby of breaking games, and loved to do so.'

I'm easy enough to get in touch with.
Surely you should be able to find me if you're looking. I'll also be around GlitchGaming if you'd like to drop by our quaint little corner of the internet.

I've spent more hours on this site than I'd like to count, but I do not regret it. By far the best community I've had the honor of being a part of, and HIH will always remain my favorite destination on the internet.

It spent nearly 3 years as my homepage (albeit the later end of that circumvented the front page), and was always my first stop during my random browsing sessions. HIH defined my hobby, and brought some of us weird froodlenutzkieers together to share a common goal of pushing a great games to it's limits, and then a bit further.

I met the random group of people that I know as my friends through this website, which would've led to a rather dull internet-experience, had it not happened.

It's hard to think of a website as becoming a major part of your life, but without it, I can honestly say that I would not be anything remotely close to the person I am today.

Thank you, HIH, for providing too much to list. (though, I could've done without so many sleepless nights spent perfecting a trick, or the stress of remembering to record a one-time launch after a 15 hour setup)

To: HIH, my friends [Gorillaz2189, Melkor, Zophory, SnowJP, Boofass, Mman19, Hell4u3, all the rest of DWT], acquaintances, fellow trickers, and the rest of you that may or may not know me:

Thank you.

Farewell, HIH.

'Till we meet again.

-Anakade

Last edited by Anakade; 04-06-2011 at 03:24 AM. .

Old   
laser Offline

03-22-2011 , 05:55 PM

1. I'm an odd fellow. I have an eclectic mixture of tastes & opinions. I like 70's analog synthesizer music, as well as grindcore. I like movies from almost every genre & age except for horror & virtually everything made after 1998. I am 100% anti-war, a follower of Ron Paul, and a vegetarian too, because I believe that animals are equal to humans. I am also quite the punctuation & spelling freak.

2. Saw HIH mentioned on the bungie.net forum, which I joined when I got Halo 2. Signed up here when I saw that there was a lot of skull discussion, which was my big interest at the time. This was all in November of 2004. I was banned once for several months during the V2 forum for participating in a "quote game" thread.

3. Until recently, there were many members that somehow I was able to get along with. Also, fantastic not-too-harsh moderation, and an incredible variety of topics, not to mention some crazy trick videos!

4. Halo 1. It has everything except online play (I tried Xbox Connect, 'twas too laggy). Mind blowing atmosphere, A.I., textures, lighting, music, weapons, gameplay, multiplayer, EVERYTHING. Halo 2 was an unfinished bugfest, Halo 3 was ok but lacked any real "hook", and Reach just isn't Halo anymore. Not interested in ODST, Halo Wars, or any PC version.

5. My opinions, in the hope that they will get people thinking.

6. xenonhellion@gmail.com - Gamertag is TurboChickenGuy

7. *Not until just before the end...*

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-22-2011 , 06:25 PM

My name is Manuel and I'm living in South Germany. I'm 17 and attending school. Later I'm probably going to do something like construction engineering.

I have found HIH in early 2009, when I discovered grumpy's Youtube channel and started commenting on his vids and spamming PMs. After lurking a bit and downloading most of the Archive vids I finally registered.

What kept me coming back was the awesome community around here, and the actual tricks being done, of course. Posting some vids from time to time and taking part in the discussions in the H2 forum were essential to me.

I love both Halo 1 and 2, but the 2 a bit more. There is more stuff to exploit and explore (imo) and the gameplay just feels nicer (as well imo).
My least favorite are Halo 3, ODST and Reach, I've never played them much. They don't have that "Halo feeling" that the first two parts used to have any more.

Because not very many people around here knew me personally, I would say mostly for my few sucky vids.

If anyone is interested, this is my Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001624126213

All I can say is that HIH has played a major role in my life and that I will miss the good times that I spent here.

Old   
Frostdaddy Offline

03-22-2011 , 10:22 PM

My real name is Walt White and I'm 16 years old and I live in Indiana. I've been visiting the site since V2 but was constantly forgetting my usernames and passwords, so I've had multiple accounts and I lurked a lot back then before the move to V3. Since then I've had this account.

My dad bought me Halo 2 and, being a young kid, of course I wanted to look for cheat codes and glitches. I kept seeing High Impact Halo as a result on Google but always ignored it until one day (the V2 days, about 4 years ago) I decided to see what it was like. I was hooked ever since, even though most of the glitches were too difficult for me. I've actually never been good at glitching, despite being a member of this site. I've never been good at Halo, either.

In the early days I kept coming back to find new superbounces and more easy glitches. But then my Xbox Live got screwed up in a thunderstorm and, with no one to play Halo with, I became less and less interested in it. It was then that I finally decided to visit the Yap and Blabber and it's been what's kept me coming back every since, along with the other Non-Halo Discussion Forums (which I view occasionally).

My favorite part of the series was probably just playing multiplayer as it was intended and meeting the people online. I also enjoyed driving the vehicles... typical for a kid, I know. My least favorite part was that I was and still am horrible, and never knew any good strategies or techniques. I was and am still LEAGUES behind most people who play this game.

I'm probably just going to be remembered as the retarded annoying kid in the Yap and Blabber who had no idea what he was talking about haha. I haven't found any glitches, I haven't helped find any, I've only done simple stuff. I've never been a jumper, montage material, a montage maker, anything. A HUGE majority of my time on this site has been in the Yap, so I won't be remembered as anything outside of that.

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1584494805
Email - waltwhite01@gmail.com
Gamertag - LandW

I really hate to see this site go. When I got on and saw that announcement, my heart sank. I check this website multiple times and day and it's my most visited website EVER. Anytime I'm bored on the computer, I come here. I've had a great 4 years or so on this website, and I will always remember them. It's really a shame that Ducain has decided to do this, but it's his choice and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I've always felt like HIH was one big family. Even while others complained about it, it's never bothered me. I've always felt connected with every frequent member here. I've actually learned a lot from my time in the Yap and I'll miss it a ton. I regret being such a retard though and I'm sorry to everyone I've ever been a jerk to, which is a lot of people I'm not very widely liked, but I've always loved High Impact Halo and its community. Hell, the community's been the thing keeping me coming back, seeing as I've pretty much lost all interest in Halo. I love all of you, thanks for everything. <3

Holy schlapskie, I feel tears coming on. Is that pathetic? froodlenutzkie I love this place.

Last edited by Frostdaddy; 03-25-2011 at 11:54 PM. .

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-22-2011 , 11:31 PM

My name is Ethan. I am a classical pianist and want to be a professional when I grow up! I think I was a member before V4 forums, but I don't remember.

When I was looking for glitches in Halo and Halo 2 to exploit, around 2004 or 2005 I think.

The tricking, glitching, and awesomeness of the community.

Halo and Halo 2 are my favorites, I didn't care much for Halo 3: ODST or Halo Wars.

Ruining the "Old But Good Job Finding It On Your Own" acronym.

I used to not want to do this, but I'm now legal and in college and responsible for myself, so sure: Ethan James McCollum (Facebook). However, I have given up Facebook for Lent and will not be back on until Easter, and my account is deactivated, so my e-mail is orange_soda_king@yahoo.com (big surprise there, right? Haha.) I will join the HIH Facebook group.

Yes, I am a nerd, but you gotta admit that the beginning is really beautiful! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnzPMJ7zbfk

Last edited by Orange Soda King; 03-24-2011 at 11:05 AM. .

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-22-2011 , 11:51 PM

My real name is James. I'm 21 and not currently attending school. But I hope that will change. :P

Showed a friend of mine a glitch that I had found and he told me to post it on HIH. I was like "WTF is HIH?!"

And the rest is history?

The people. The tricks. The love. <3 Made me feel like I was a part of something. And it helped me grow into the person I am today.

Halo 1's story was awesome. Halo 2's story was not. But, I loved tricks and glitching with my online homies. HIR, CC, etc. <3

For being a tricker and (hopefully) an all around nice guy. :D

http://www.facebook.com/jdopson

Feel free to add me if you wish. Just let me know who you are. :P

"We pressed forward, leaving behind a legacy." - Me

<3

Old   
Mark Ceol Offline
Ooo - I like madness!

Send a message via AIM to Mark CeolSend a message via MSN to Mark Ceol
03-22-2011 , 11:55 PM

Well I'm 21 years old (hell yeah, finally not a minor by any means) and I like just about everything. I enjoy playing piano, doing random stuff in photoshop, writing music, photography, you name it. I'm also a bit of a math geek. Many here may even say I'm a total math geek, but hey. I'm also an active player of ultimate frisbee on my school team.

Man it was a long time ago. Somewhere in early 2005 I believe. I stumbled upon a Jump Tactics video some time after getting xbox live shortly after halo 2 came out and from there tried to find more and more tricking videos. That's when I stumbled across a video of the glitch of cloning yourself as a gigantic body on Burial Mounds. Somehow that linked me to here and over time I started visiting more and more. Eventually around 2008 I started actually posting and contributing to the site.

At first it was just all the silly tricks I wanted to learn. I would keep coming back to see what the insanely inventive people of HIH had come up with. Then I ventured a little deeper and was truly amazed by some of the tricking videos people made which kept me really wanting to come back. Eventually when I started posting it was for trick jumping videos and I slowly migrated to YnB and the Graphics section.

My favorite was either the massive amount of exploration to be done in halo 2 or maybe just the social aspect. It became more of a place to just hang out with friends than a FPS. My least favorite currently is where the games have gone. They have moved from having easily accessible fun glitches to having minor, but somewhat gamebreaking, bugs. It makes for a generally frustrating game.

I'm not quite sure. I never really did anything much impressive as far as tricking goes. Hopefully people just remember me as a pretty chill dude who they enjoyed discussing things with. Or the guy who gives epically long reviews =P

Hit me up on DJ Ceol (AIM). Any other contact info I can give through that.

There's really too much to even say here. I suppose I would direct anyone who really wanted to see more towards the announcement thread. Essentially, this place has affected me in a way that no other site has. It has brought a slew of hobbies to my attention and nurtured them to a point of permanency in my life. It also greatly helped my critical thinking and writing skills, both of which have proven to be extremely useful in life. I've also met a lot of great people through here who I will hopefully keep in contact with. Thanks Duke and Staff for keeping the place running and clean, and thanks to the community for being so generally awesome. I wish you all the best. Maybe if we all keep in touch (indirectly through one another even if not all directly) we can have some sort of reunion 10 years down the line. It would be really interesting to see where everyone is at after such a long time.

Old   
then3wguy Offline

03-23-2011 , 02:27 AM

Clay Kerri. 19. I'm an ex professional trap shooter, professional photographer, and that's about it.

Oh man, I found this site because of bounce fx of all clans. I was so obsessed with bouncing to get the upper hand in matchmaking. Eventually I landed in a thread here for bfx, and just kinda ended up staying.

The community. I remember loving half of you froodlenutzkieers and hating the other half. The other half is what kept me coming back at first, because I always wanted to do something better. To shove my skill in the face of the people here who talked schlapskie to me. Then, as I slowly started to earn a rank here, I realized this community was by far more than that. It was built on respect, and I started to care more about the people who were true community members, and less about the flame happy posters.

Halo 2. I am sure most people agree that game in general was the best part of the series. Never has there been a more exploitable game. I can't say how many hours I spent trying to land ridiculous jumps and bounces, because those hours are, well, countless.

Definitely my perma-ban that I magically evaded. I won't tell the story, because it's not exactly appropriate. Feel free to ask though. I can't believe I actually earned a right to post here again. It's probably because I kept making new accounts and pissing off the mods that had to keep banning me. I'm sure Reidon was pissed.

Clay Kerri on facebook
Claykerri@yahoo.com
clayskatenow - aim
claykerriphotography.com

You guys have changed my life. Without you, I wouldn't have found my passion for art, my drive to excel at everything I do, my ability to argue intelligently and see both sides of an issue, and my first true community that I could feel at home with. You guys have made such a profound impact on my life. I know I didn't get a chance to meet the majority of you, but those who did, I will never forget.

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
03-23-2011 , 09:03 AM

I am 74 inches of man.

Well, I googled "hot sex porn blonde" and it came back with a video of warthog launching, so you've got me. No idea.

Friends. Community. The "Relationship help" threads quickly turning into the all-to-informal "How to kill a girl in two dates or less!" threads.

This music. The elastic barriers.

The great times that we all enjoyed here. The great times we had making the internet a better place.

AIM: ivankrad
MSN: navi[at]odinseye.org
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/darknavi
twitter: ivankrad

Well guys, this is it. time for you to step out into the world and grow a pair. I love each and every one of you, except Lunatic, because he is a douche that cannot voice act worth a schlapskie. Hopefully the fascist nazi staff wont see this before the big shut down, so I wont be censored by the man.

Last edited by Dark Navi; 04-06-2011 at 03:05 AM. .

Old   
ferrari Offline
DELETE COOKIES?!

Send a message via AIM to ferrari
03-23-2011 , 10:36 AM

[size=2]1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a nearly 20 year old Math and CSci major at the University of Minnesota at Morris who takes more music ensemble courses than anything for playing oboe, bass (electric and upright) and singing.

See quote below.

I really can't think of a definitive reason, but it has something to do with the community and wanting to hold on to that bit of Halo in my soul.

Halos 1 and 2 were by far my favorite in terms of nostalgic value and replayability. Specifically, seeing my cousin play Halo 1 way back in the day (2001 or 2002) really got me into the series.
My least favorite is the black screen of death (did I get that name right?) from networking issues in Halo 2 on XBL.

Providing the Gamesaves thread and all of my random videos, as well as my silly avatar that I found somewhere on the internet.

6. Can you give us some contact info in case anyone would like to get a hold of you? (Facebook,Myspace,Twitter,E-Mail Addresses etc.)
See my post on the facebook group here.

Thank you to all for your unjustifiably dedicated effort to tricking the Halo series and providing countless hours of enjoyment as a result. Wherever we go in life from here we shall always remember this series as monumental to our (typically) growth as a teenager to an adult. Whether Halo carried you through high school with something to procrastinate with or just a fun time after work, we shall all have dedicated a bit (sometimes more) of our soul to the series.
And a special thank you to Ducain and all of those monumental in the creation, support and contributions to High Impact Halo.

Quote from my lottery page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloSayGoodbye View Post

My name is Eric, and I am an 18 year-old first-year college student out at the University of Minnesota at Morris double majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science with a minor in Physics. If all goes according to plan I'll be a junior next school year.
If the rest of this post doesn't tell you this, I didn't type it up properly: I love programming, and especially programming math stuff, even more especially when it is awesome.

I found HIH back when I was in eighth grade. It was shortly after Halo 2 had come out when I did an internet search on "Halo 2 Skulls." I found the HIH front page and its skull archive, and then one day in geometry class someone mentioned Halo 2 and skulls, so I mentioned HIH. I suppose I should thank you guys for being the reason I found my best friend, who is now my roommate at college.

3. What is it that you like about Halo tricks, and what kind of tricks are your favorite to do or see?

I've always liked the ones of the funny variety and have had a fancy for vehicle collections. As much as I liked the occasional vehicle collection, however, I really like the grenade collections, and launching. I used to be pretty fascinated by Halo back in the day and am sure that I would return to tricking if provided the right stimuli, but none of my friends were really ever into tricking, and my best friend (who is my college roommate) isn't into that sort of thing anymore.

4. Have you discovered any Halo tricks or glitches yourself?

I discovered how to make Sergeant Johnson scream and say IWHBYD-like comments without the skull on The Great Journey in Halo 2 and some other minor glitches, but what I really got into was making game saves. I've been able to experience first-hand what the famous glitches of the day were (including my favorite classical glitch, the banshee on The Maw by Ducain).
Perhaps some of you remember my Gamesaves thread back from V2? I've been thinking of trying to remake it on my website, but all the Codejunkies links are dead.

5. What is your favorite game from the halo Series?

Definitely Halo 2, because that's where most of my nostalgia is. I still remember being so excited for that game coming out that I was dreaming about it... too often.

6. What other hobbies do you have?

I play the oboe, English horn and electric bass on a regular basis. I was in the MMEA All-State Orchestra summer '08 and GTCYS for a couple years on oboe, and now will be in the MMEA Intercollegiate Honor Band within the next couple of months.
Other than music, I very much like programming anything I can think of. I programmed my own website all by hand using PHP and some Javascript, and whenever I get excited about something mathematical that I have done I will probably make an algorithm for it in Python, which I learned in the Math And Related Sciences Camp (MARS) in '06, the camp which my college roommate introduced me to and the funding company that my uncle works for (NSA).
I also like taking pictures of the lake my grandmother lives on; I've gotten onto InterfaceLift a couple times from doing so.

7. If you could choose, what would you choose and why?

To jailbreak my mind. Being able to store data more like a computer would be really nice to have, as well as other tweaks.

8. What is the first video game you ever played?

Probably Super Mario Brothers on the NES. I remember playing a lot of Bubble Bobble and Legend of Zelda back in those days. Very favorable days, those were.

9. (From last week's winner) If you could fight any historical figure or famous person, who would it be? - Mr N

I think I'd have to chose the former CEO of Worldcom, Bernard Ebbers, because he (and others in that company) cost my family many thousand of dollars from their scandalous actions: all the stock my dad had that was towards my college education became worthless and he lost his job.
I'm just lucky that my dad found another good job and that I get to be in college now.

10. If you could ask the next lottery winner one question, what would it be?

What about HIH keeps you around even after the huge glitching boom is over?

Old   
Merth Offline

03-23-2011 , 10:44 AM

Real name is Matt. I'm 20 years old (21 this july :D) and am a Junior at NESCom, going for a degree in Web Design. I enjoy playing guitar, video games of course (currently playing Crysis 2) and lifting.

I found this site about 4-5ish years ago, whenever the v2 forums were around, just looking at halo tricks. decided to register and post and the rest is history.

Some cool tricks and the community. YnB, mainly.

Halo 1 wins everything, Halo 3 probably was my least favorite in terms of how much everything was restricted in comparison to halo 1/2.

Idk. Being nice? I didn't really contribute anything significant. I just made a few friends and that's about it.

Take care.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
03-23-2011 , 08:58 PM

I'm ODST, or as some know me as Dennys (Dennis). I'm soon to enter college next year, undecided major, and also planning on going into University Athletics, most likely UGA. I'm generally a laid-back guy, always looking for ways to have fun. :D

I found HIH in late 2006, early 2007. I was doing simple Google search for cool tricks and multiplayer techniques, and I stumbled upon this haven of goodness.

Everything.

The people, the tricks, the videos, the threads, the maps, the silly images posted by people, the signatures made, the avatars made, the banners made, the intelligent discussions, the dumb discussions, the discussions that made you go "What the froodlenutzkie is going on?".

Everything.

What's not to love? Every time I found an obstacle, someone here found a way around it, so in that sense, everything about Halo, because of this website, eventually became my favorite part!

I quite honestly couldn't answer. There are too many great people here for me to even matter compared to them. IF I were to be remembered here, I'd like to be one of those who helped keep Halo 2 tricking, campaign and multiplayer, alive.

dchirikalov@gmail.com - My main email address.
Dennys Chirikalov - Facebook
TehCookieNinja - Skype

Website I'm a member of:

Jumprs
DeltaHalo

I really will miss HIH and everyone who was a part of it. HighImpactHalo not only changed me as a gamer, but as a person as well. I learned so much from so many of you, and it's really almost heart breaking to see this all go.

Goodbye HIH, I really will miss you. <3

Old   
Zophory Offline
Ladies man

Send a message via AIM to ZophorySend a message via MSN to Zophory
03-23-2011 , 09:34 PM

Hi gaiz
My names Michael Clancy. I've Lived in Westfield New Jersey for most my life accomplishing nothing and wearing only clothes with the Adidas logo on it. I recently entered the workforce to help pay off the debts my mother ran up on her credit cards do to her obsession with buying anything denim.

Found it on google a month after it was created. Don't remember what I was searching for but It was while I was bored in a computer class.

IRC for the most part. I had already been with the HBO chat and when HIH showed up i started visiting the site more and more.

P.U.G. for anyone who remembers it.
Skirmishers

Grimace

zophory@highimpactgaming.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGSs1MEI46I

Old   
SamFukal Offline

03-23-2011 , 10:57 PM

Eh, I don't feel like going trough all that. I'm SRL, which is just my initials. If you have any urge to contact me for whatever reason, I use Facebook and that's about it.

http://www.facebook.com/SammyLaPoint

Old   
Gorillaz2189 Offline
The name's Kanockers.

03-23-2011 , 11:09 PM

Uhh... My name is Pete. That is all.

Uhh... Some years ago.

Uhh... The lovely moderation. :)

Uhh... Best: Campaign / Least: Firefight

Uhh... I think I hold the record for most infractions/warnings... heh.

Uhh... www.twitter.com/Gorillaz2189

Uhh... thanks for the bans. :D

Old   
Phasmorphage Offline
Just assume I'm drunk

03-23-2011 , 11:31 PM

You know me
2004/2005, came from schlapskiety teamxbox forums, stuck around since then

The yaps and blabbers, then IRC

4. What's your favorite part of the Halo series? What about your least favorite? Launching in Halo 2, not really having anything important to do other than trying to see who can get a virtual vehicle to launch the highest with virtual grenades... then Halo 3 ruined everything

Being the only african-american member of HIH

I'm on facebook if you've already added me and I'm on IRC constantly. Also, reddit

Honestly I'm glad it's finally going under. Better to stop it and keep it as a memory than let it fade out forever.

Old   
hoodsome Offline
Epic Title Is Epic?

Send a message via AIM to hoodsome
03-24-2011 , 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasmorphage View Post

Okay then

Old   
laser Offline

03-24-2011 , 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasmorphage View Post

rly? :Σ