Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-04-2006 , 06:39 PM

^^ Yes to both. If you save and quit after activation of a skull, it's powers will be retained in all campiagn levels unless you turn off your xbox or open the disk try. If you activate two or more skulls, the powers are kept. As in, they are both active at the same time. Again, the effects will not remove unless you turn off your xbox or open the disk tray.
Do you know what the skulls are? I mean, thier levels, effects, et cetera? Well, just in case you don't, Blackeye is located on The Great Journey and will grant the power...well, if your sheilds go down, they stay down. Unless you melee an object or character to death, then they will chargfe and you can gain an oversheild this way.
Sputnik you seem to know.
Soo....you have tooken practice to 'hog launchin eh? Tips? Well....have more/less allies in your hog to differinciate the distance you will launch....but if you are dieing, get more sheilds, or try puting the grenades in a differnt place. Just experiment with your lobs.;) And waht variation of 'ho launching are you using? There are quite a few techniques, SFW, whiplash, grenade pile...
EDIT: Poo, you beat me Penquin!

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-04-2006 , 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator
^^ Yes to both. If you save and quit after activation of a skull, it's powers will be retained in all campiagn levels unless you turn off your xbox or open the disk try. If you activate two or more skulls, the powers are kept. As in, they are both active at the same time. Again, the effects will not remove unless you turn off your xbox or open the disk tray.
Do you know what the skulls are? I mean, thier levels, effects, et cetera? Well, just in case you don't, Blackeye is located on The Great Journey and will grant the power...well, if your sheilds go down, they stay down. Unless you melee an object or character to death, then they will chargfe and you can gain an oversheild this way.
Sputnik you seem to know.
Soo....you have tooken practice to 'hog launchin eh? Tips? Well....have more/less allies in your hog to differinciate the distance you will launch....but if you are dieing, get more sheilds, or try puting the grenades in a differnt place. Just experiment with your lobs.;) And waht variation of 'ho launching are you using? There are quite a few techniques, SFW, whiplash, grenade pile...
EDIT: Poo, you beat me Penquin!

Errrrg, Im supa-fast lol, would there happen to be any tutorials in here for Self Launching (stacks....wihtout a vehicle). Im really gettin into that, its really addicting :D

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-04-2006 , 07:17 PM

I don't know...I didn't even know it existed. >_< I suck at that stuff....self staking. Maybe letter, I have to attempt to learn about this before I add the section, if I do at all...

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-05-2006 , 12:01 AM

Quote:
I don't know...I didn't even know it existed. >_< I suck at that stuff....self staking. Maybe letter, I have to attempt to learn about this before I add the section, if I do at all...
Lol, you dont have to add a section, twas wondering if thy had a little tutorial section on it. Its just stacking as many 'nades as possible and getting as high as you can......Me cant wait for CC, when I get one Ill film it for you, nothin super spectacular :p

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-05-2006 , 12:10 AM

Okay...if you get bored, you may write a section and I'll just put it in there. I sincerily suck at stacking. >_< I can barley do the five nade stack with the Ghost.:p

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-05-2006 , 12:22 AM

Quote:
Okay...if you get bored, you may write a section and I'll just put it in there. I sincerily suck at stacking. >_< I can barley do the five nade stack with the Ghost.:p
Dont feel bad, I get maybe a decent one out of like 10 tries, I just decided to try without the ghost, and it turned out to be loads of fun....to me at least, but i still <3 SGLing, im not that great with 'hogs,...im just....okay...i s'pose, Ill consider writing one, im pretty happy cus I just got a 4 plasma stack and got some serious height :D

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-08-2006 , 12:46 AM

**Updated**

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-08-2006 , 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hump launching:

***DISCLAIMER***This has been proved to work with allies only, as well as only in the side seat(s) of either Warthog or Spectere. It has not yet been documented to work with a Wraith or Ghost.***END DISCLAIMER***

whoa whoa whoa whoa....Yes it has, especially with wraiths. Just stack one on top of the other and hump away. This used to be one of my favorite things to do so im pretty nifty on the subject, there used to be a thread in the MP section about how/why this worked. I think it had somehing to d about an invisible barrier forming around you or somethin. Ill see if I can find it in the thread in the V2 Forums. :D

Super-Edit: God...That took forever..I guess hump launching was the "thing" back then. Well, here ya go termy took me about an hour to find Hump Launcholicious Physics

Last edited by Matt793; 06-08-2006 at 12:44 PM. .

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-08-2006 , 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenpenquin
whoa whoa whoa whoa....Yes it has, especially with wraiths. Just stack one on top of the other and hump away. This used to be one of my favorite things to do so im pretty nifty on the subject, there used to be a thread in the MP section about how/why this worked. I think it had somehing to d about an invisible barrier forming around you or somethin. Ill see if I can find it in the thread in the V2 Forums. :D

Super-Edit: God...That took forever..I guess hump launching was the "thing" back then. Well, here ya go termy took me about an hour to find Hump Launcholicious Physics
O RLY? I have yet to see a film where it shows a Wraith/ Ghost humped while being manned. Just in case you got confused.;) I forgot to add about stacking, I will edit it. Thanks.

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-08-2006 , 01:47 PM

Quote:
O RLY? I have yet to see a film where it shows a Wraith/ Ghost humped while being manned. Just in case you got confused.;) I forgot to add about stacking, I will edit it. Thanks.
Ooops :) didnt know you mean while being manned, guess I got lost a little. Just to make sure, the things you updated were hump launching and stacking right?

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-08-2006 , 01:52 PM

I forgot to add a link in the Useful Glitches and Turorials post. I fixed it.
I added a section for Hump Launching.
That's it. When I said stacking above, I mean stacking vehicles to Hump Launch with.:) Gimme a minet....

Old   
nOOb_3at3r Offline

Send a message via AIM to nOOb_3at3rSend a message via MSN to nOOb_3at3rSend a message via Skype™ to nOOb_3at3r
06-12-2006 , 01:37 PM

Quote:
Lol, you dont have to add a section, twas wondering if thy had a little tutorial section on it. Its just stacking as many 'nades as possible and getting as high as you can......Me cant wait for CC, when I get one Ill film it for you, nothin super spectacular :p
Wow, its been like a week since I asked, and I guess I just never responded after reading that. It really helped me Penguin and Terminator. I can do stacks pretty well, I think, now. I can go to places that I never thought possible, and I have found a few cool things (some that I think are cool Easter Eggs [I'm still researching it]). BTW if you want help with stacking, I'm a jumper, send me a FR at AdR topp dogg, and I'll teach you. Then I can tell you my idea, that I might need a little help with.

~*nOOb*~

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-12-2006 , 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOOb_3at3r
Wow, its been like a week since I asked, and I guess I just never responded after reading that. It really helped me Penguin and Terminator. I can do stacks pretty well, I think, now. I can go to places that I never thought possible, and I have found a few cool things (some that I think are cool Easter Eggs [I'm still researching it]). BTW if you want help with stacking, I'm a jumper, send me a FR at AdR topp dogg, and I'll teach you. Then I can tell you my idea, that I might need a little help with.

~*nOOb*~
Glad you found it helpful. *Yes!* I hope you continue to enjoy it.:)
Were you offering to teach me how to stack? I'm flatered, but I do not have live.:( (Boy, I must have gotton 50 people in the time I have been here ask me to send a freind request to so-and-so, and I can never join/ help them.:( ) *Sigh*

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
06-14-2006 , 08:22 PM

Hey Term, quick question.

When constructing a grenade pile, does it matter what grenades are in it? Meaning, can I have both frag and plasma grenades in the pile? Would it affect my launch at all?

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-14-2006 , 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enanito
Hey Term, quick question.

When constructing a grenade pile, does it matter what grenades are in it? Meaning, can I have both frag and plasma grenades in the pile? Would it affect my launch at all?
Yes. Plasma grenades are weaker in power, frags surpass them with ease. Mixing them will not make much difference, I mean...it just a point of view. All frags are for your big launches, while plasmas are for launching...something else. I would say go ahead and mix, it will work out.:) I know, a pretty vague explanation, but just remember this:
Plasmas are weak
Fragments are strong
And if you wish to make a plasma only pile, I would say put somewhere between a quater and double the amount of grenades you would use if they were frags.

Old   
hockeykid101 Offline

06-16-2006 , 02:57 PM

Quote:
Yes. Plasma grenades are weaker in power, frags surpass them with ease. Mixing them will not make much difference, I mean...it just a point of view. All frags are for your big launches, while plasmas are for launching...something else. I would say go ahead and mix, it will work out.:) I know, a pretty vague explanation, but just remember this:
Plasmas are weak
Fragments are strong
And if you wish to make a plasma only pile, I would say put somewhere between a quater and double the amount of grenades you would use if they were frags.
me agree with termy:D

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-19-2006 , 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOOb_3at3r

~*nOOb*~
Oooo Im flattered:o lol im getting live this week so ill add you when I get it so expect a GT with the name penguin in there somewhere :). Im not as good as I am with grenades in MP as I am in CMP so I might suck a little lol. Hey Term you dont mind if I right a little Tut on Pressure Launching do ya, figure since thats my favorite non-launch....launch..... >.> <.<.......id write a tut on it, unless that is if you were gonna make one :)

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-20-2006 , 02:49 PM

Quote:
Oooo Im flattered:o lol im getting live this week so ill add you when I get it so expect a GT with the name penguin in there somewhere :). Im not as good as I am with grenades in MP as I am in CMP so I might suck a little lol. Hey Term you dont mind if I right a little Tut on Pressure Launching do ya, figure since thats my favorite non-launch....launch..... >.> <.<.......id write a tut on it, unless that is if you were gonna make one :)
You dareth spam my topic!? Off with his head!
<.<
>.>
Just playing. Umm....well, I dunno. It has launching in it's name, but it doesn't have that.... boom, explosion, if you will, in it for me to classify it as launching... You may right one if you wish, although the chances of me giving it its own section is nill. What I may do, is add it under the miscellaneous section... but then I would require a write-up for all sorts of special classified genres... there are far too many...
Well... I could use a film on pressure launching, although, you can not yet film, so...

Old   
Matt793 Offline
HIH Retiree

06-20-2006 , 06:03 PM

Quote:
You dareth spam my topic!? Off with his head!
<.<
>.>
Just playing. Umm....well, I dunno. It has launching in it's name, but it doesn't have that.... boom, explosion, if you will, in it for me to classify it as launching... You may right one if you wish, although the chances of me giving it its own section is nill. What I may do, is add it under the miscellaneous section... but then I would require a write-up for all sorts of special classified genres... there are far too many...
Well... I could use a film on pressure launching, although, you can not yet film, so...
:( you make me sad! lol, meh oh well, I hate not being able to film it angers me!*goes and cries in corner* Oh yeah I have a question for the all mighty launcher man person. How can you bundle grenades real close for a grenade pile without a co-op partner. Do you have to use a rocket launcher? What about level without any RLs?

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-20-2006 , 06:24 PM

Quote:
:( you make me sad! lol, meh oh well, I hate not being able to film it angers me!*goes and cries in corner* Oh yeah I have a question for the all mighty launcher man person. How can you bundle grenades real close for a grenade pile without a co-op partner. Do you have to use a rocket launcher? What about level without any RLs?
A RL!?!?! ROFL!!! *Throws up all over self* Sweet Jesus! *Cleans up*
A RL? Silly, that will dentonate the pile!:p To move grenades...wait, what do you mean? The same principle applies on SP... I assume you mean moving mass amounts, no? I.E., moving them from the first Delta Halo Area to the Jackel Sniper tree area? Well, you would have to melee/ shoot the grenades all the way over there...highly un-reccomended, because:
WAY too much time. If you spend too much time moving any one grenade to a certan location, the other grenades will deload.
So if this is what you are asking, I would suggust picking a different launching location that work to your advantage, or not tto hard against you. It's that, or heard a massive herd of enimies into one area. Kill one. Make a "pile" with the grenade(s) he droped. KIll another. Repeat. Repeat. Relize it's past bed-time, and feel like an idiot for starting the project so late.:p
If this is not what you are asking, please clarrify.:)