Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Evan. Offline

04-17-2008 , 06:59 PM

I don't mind YouTube at all.

But I'd prefer FileFront.

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
04-17-2008 , 07:56 PM

Ok, slight problem with the vids, simply: they're gone, I had them but now they're just gone. I know what vids are missing, however, expect replacement vids hopefully.

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
nammacs2 Offline
Hey, shut up for a minute

04-18-2008 , 12:57 AM

Lots of threads/vids are missing :(

I'm trying to get better at H1 hog launching, and this sticky kinda helped, but I still need more pwnage. Can I do the launches in coop, so my partner can spawn with nades and die?

Old   
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
04-18-2008 , 07:15 AM

Partners don't respawn with nades, sorry, but you can go out and easily get more nades in co-op by just getting them from dead elites and grunts. Then just smack him in the back over the pile, but a bit tinkering may need to be done, just gently grab any stray nades and kill your partner again until they fall into place.

u mad? PM me.

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Old   
nammacs2 Offline
Hey, shut up for a minute

04-18-2008 , 02:10 PM

That sounds like pro techniques. I dont wanna bother killing a dozen marines in the same spot :o

Im lazy :D

Old   
Evan. Offline

04-18-2008 , 03:38 PM

Same here. But I'll have to (no xbox). Oh well.

A quick question: On the PC version, do dropped grenades disappear?

Old   
That Brit Guy

04-18-2008 , 07:07 PM

Depends on the checkpoints you go through, and stay away from loading zones.

u mad? PM me.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
04-19-2008 , 11:23 AM

Killing enemies and such in one area many times will make nades disappear in another.

I found that out the hard way in my SC bottom to top stunt. I went through the trick all the way til you come to the bottom of the shaft, only to find like 3 nades there.

Old   
ViviD Offline

04-19-2008 , 12:52 PM

Yeah, and in some places they just plain dissapear for no reason. (As far as I can tell) Here I go to setup a long distance launch from under the tunnel entrance pipes to the first tower, and I'll be damned if every time I return from grabbing a checkpoint half my nade pile hasn't "sunk into the ground" Lulz.

Oh yeah, and by the way, that goes for ANY of the near-by checkpoints on Halo. Sadface.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

04-19-2008 , 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviD
Yeah, and in some places they just plain dissapear for no reason. (As far as I can tell) Here I go to setup a long distance launch from under the tunnel entrance pipes to the first tower, and I'll be damned if every time I return from grabbing a checkpoint half my nade pile hasn't "sunk into the ground" Lulz.

Oh yeah, and by the way, that goes for ANY of the near-by checkpoints on Halo. Sadface.
Thats happened all too often to me as well. It doesnt help that the Blue beam towers sometimes move nades around as well.

Old   
HungarianHunter Offline

Hmm need some help with nade collecting - 06-20-2008 , 04:04 PM

Hey guys, I just recently got back into tricking, and just now joined the forum, although I've learned alot from you guys :)

My question is, I've been trying to do the grenade pile part of launching, but getting marines into one area, then killing them... but what I've seen in the tut vids is that people would kill one marine, get a checkpoint, and then get another and kill him.

I tried that, but after killing 2 marines, the rest always turn on me. What is the solution to this, I know there is one, just couldn't find it.

I hope someone will read this :D

Thanks everyone!

Old   
That Brit Guy

06-21-2008 , 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungarianHunter
Hey guys, I just recently got back into tricking, and just now joined the forum, although I've learned alot from you guys :)

My question is, I've been trying to do the grenade pile part of launching, but getting marines into one area, then killing them... but what I've seen in the tut vids is that people would kill one marine, get a checkpoint, and then get another and kill him.

I tried that, but after killing 2 marines, the rest always turn on me. What is the solution to this, I know there is one, just couldn't find it.

I hope someone will read this :D

Thanks everyone!
Don't kill the marines in plain view of the others.

u mad? PM me.

Old   
HungarianHunter Offline

06-21-2008 , 12:25 PM

Wow is it really that simple? Haha thanks a lot!

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

04-19-2009 , 02:51 PM

This is a sticky'd thread, so I guess it's okay to bump?

Do you have to Overshield Launch to touch the cieling of Silent Cartographer, or can you reach it the regular way? I've piled 12 frags and 4 plasmas under the hog and managed to see the whole island at once (as well as where the outermost barriers are too, I think.) but I don't think I hit he "cieling." How do you know if you hit the cieling, and about how many grenades would it take? (I'm very new at this, btw.)

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

04-19-2009 , 03:00 PM

You're gonna need more than 16 lol. And yeah, using the overshield makes things much easier. Invincibility is always a good thing, know what I'm sayin?

As far as knowing if you hit the ceiling, you just gotta watch your screen closely. You'll see when everything stops getting smaller, that's really the only way to tell. But like I said, you're gonna need more nades.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

04-19-2009 , 03:09 PM

oh wow. i just watched this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSuFX99_5l4

and saw that even though i can still see all the island, i still have a LONG way to go haha!

Old   
Measels Offline

03-18-2010 , 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post

Step Three: How To Survive A Launch

You'll need to grenade jump up from the first nade to be on top of the nade pile's blast radius, and press 'x' like mad to survive, this flips the hog, and 'catapults' you. This post by Ducain goes into the placement of nades, and surviving in very good detail...
I don't suppose anyone would be able to fix the link?

Old   
Measels Offline

07-21-2010 , 02:11 PM

Double post - sorry.

Err, anyone got a figure for a minimum number of frags for launching a hog onto a bbt (my guess is 7, is this enough?).

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

07-21-2010 , 06:29 PM

I think 7-8 is barely adequate.

Old   
ViviD Offline

07-21-2010 , 09:01 PM

depends which tower and from where...think it only takes 5 at the hill tower and I usually use 7 at the first.