Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum Theater
Theater Home for your screenshots, gameplay, and machinima
Notices

Old   
KSP SRT Offline

Send a message via AIM to KSP SRTSend a message via MSN to KSP SRT
IxIPoOhBeArIxI's Montage - 06-12-2006 , 07:57 PM

This is Poohs Montage edited by me. Let me know what you think. I know the video quality isnt that good. But leave that out of the judging please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5L9VzamYXU

Old   
Evlmidget25 Offline
HD PVR.

Send a message via AIM to Evlmidget25Send a message via MSN to Evlmidget25
06-12-2006 , 08:16 PM

Well heres my review. This is in on way flamming its a honest review.

Postive
+ Music
+ Editiing

Negative
- Quality. Very dark and not very clear.
- 2 shot noscopes.

Review 6.8/10

I rated the motnage a 6.8/10. The quality was unclear and dark. You just cant leave that out in a montage. The one thing I really dident like was that he went for the long range noscope for the montage insted of zooming in or quickscoping. I just dont like when people do it for the montage shot. I liked the first song but wasent a fan of the second. I hope that for your next montage you get the quality fixed and try a little hard and film longer to get some more multi kills. Remember this is a honest review, in no way am I flamming. Good Luck.

Old   
KSP SRT Offline

06-12-2006 , 08:26 PM

Hey dont wry i know ur not flaming. I could not really control video quality though it was sent to me. I edited for him. He really cant help it eather his xbox is no where near his computer and he has to record them on vcr first to get it close.

Old   
Evlmidget25 Offline
HD PVR.

Send a message via AIM to Evlmidget25Send a message via MSN to Evlmidget25
06-12-2006 , 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP SRT
He really cant help it eather his xbox is no where near his computer and he has to record them on vcr first to get it close.
Ouch. I had to do that when I got my CC at first, I stoped after the quality was so bad my eyes started bleeding. I hate VCR tapes.

Old   
D3ATH BY D3SIGN Offline

Send a message via AIM to D3ATH BY D3SIGN
Smile 06-12-2006 , 08:31 PM

Okay lets start out with gameplay. The highest multi-kill was a Killtacular - Which is great, But it was with a combo, which looks bad on your part. You had a few triple Kills, but not many at all. You had a lot of no-scopes and quick scopes. Not all where GREAT and not all where HORRIBLE. Same with the sticks. I felt like there where to many snipes together then to many sticks, for instance : 17 no scopes, 17 sticks . Next time mix it up, like 4 snipes, one of the better sticks, some no scopes, then one of the better sticks, etc. There where tons of doubles, and as a rule of hand, you should never put in double. Triples and up unless the Double is AMAZING like 2 Sticks across the map.

Next the editing. It was O K A Y but with vegas you can do much better. The Split screen effect that was done around 1:20 is way overused, especially after it was done by Shook on3. Maybe you where rushed a bit or something but it didn't seema s if you utilized all of your tools that vegas has. Plus there are way to make your quality a bit better in Vegas. Plus the synching was non-existance. No offence, but you can do better.

As for the music it was very original. The fort minor song I like (!) and the Three days Grace Song Isn't used much, and in my opinion, is one of their better songs.

Overall: 5/10

Good luck and I look forward to the next one.:)

Old   
KSP SRT Offline

06-12-2006 , 08:48 PM

I really dont see the point in rendering this tage in avi, and that is the only way to make the quality better. And it would not make it that much better considered it was captured in wmv.

Old   
D3ATH BY D3SIGN Offline

06-12-2006 , 09:06 PM

There are ways to make it better. Play around with the sharpness and stuff. Also H2F has great tutorials for getting qualtiy better.

Old   
xZROx Image Offline

Send a message via AIM to xZROx Image
06-12-2006 , 09:13 PM

That was realy good.. Good job

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

06-12-2006 , 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlmidget25
Ouch. I had to do that when I got my CC at first, I stoped after the quality was so bad my eyes started bleeding. I hate VCR tapes.
i record all my stuff to vcr tape 1st. It butchers the color. Also youtube destroys the quality. Its too pixilated. Back to the montage. I didnt like it too much. Some of the kills were weak. 2 shot noscopes close sticks. The editing wasnt bad but there wasnt very much of it. Im probly going to have another editing contest using the old clips and new ones. They will all be cut allready in a zip folder so no one has to worry about cutting and splitting again. If you take your time you can really shine with your editing:D .

Old   
FBIsniper Offline

Send a message via AIM to FBIsniper
06-13-2006 , 11:56 AM

The gameplay was okay, not the best by any means.

Editing I didn't like just because there weren't many transitions and you showed like the kill in 1 sec and I couldn't tell what happened. Try not to edit everything out besides the kill. Once he kills someone let the medal thing come up so everyone knows what just happened.

Quality was pretty bad but I knew what was happening.

Music was good but the Fort Minor song is way overused.

5/10

Didn't like it much.

Old   
KSP SRT Offline

06-13-2006 , 02:25 PM

I appretiate the feedback guys, I know the editing isnt gold but im trying to get better. Hopefully the next one I post will be more worth watching. Thanks Again.

Old   
D3ATH BY D3SIGN Offline

06-13-2006 , 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP SRT
I appretiate the feedback guys, I know the editing isnt gold but im trying to get better. Hopefully the next one I post will be more worth watching. Thanks Again.
Just keep trying dude, Vegas isn't exactly easy stuff.